Honored Contributor

Is DirecTV service down right now??

DirecTV customers...are you having any issues right now?? My receivers have been updating for about six hours now. I can't get a hold of anyone in cs either. What is going on??

Regular Contributor

Re: Is DirecTV service down right now??

I have Direct and so far mine is OK 

Respected Contributor

I'm in NC and I can not see CNN.  All the other channels are okay.   The screen says they are experiencing technical difficulties.  The same thing happened on Tuesday of this week.  

Honored Contributor

I can't see any channel. Just a banner saying "Accepting guide data"....forever! Tried a diagnostic test, it says I have an alignment problem and to call cs. CS is not answering and I get a busy signal. Must be that they are having problems.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i'm unable to see cnn also.  i have the toiday show on. 

i was up last night when they said they would be working on the guide.  we went to bed shortly after.  i'm on the west coast and it was after 2 am.

@SilleeMee

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

check your email.  they are saying they experienced difficulty and to run a system test.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @ladyroxanne Smiley Happy. I've already run a system test and also a diagnostics test. Nothing helps. I finally got a field service guy call me back and he has no idea if there is a widespread problem or not. He said sometimes when they do their updating, some customers experience problems...?? He said he won't be able to look at my tv until tomorrow! WHAAAH!Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

that is too bad!!!!  terrible customer service and they are usually so good.  i'm going to check with my friends ansd see if they are having a problem.

i hope it straightenso out soon. 

Honored Contributor

Trying unplugging it for a few minutes.

Then go get a cup of coffee.........

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thanks @ladyroxanne Smiley Happy. I've already run a system test and also a diagnostics test. Nothing helps. I finally got a field service guy call me back and he has no idea if there is a widespread problem or not. He said sometimes when they do their updating, some customers experience problems...?? He said he won't be able to look at my tv until tomorrow! WHAAAH!Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I just checked it out on downdetector and you are definitely not alone in your issues.