Respected Contributor

Re: Is Cecil a tipping point?

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Unless it's illegal, no.  Cecil and his chatter online was put there to keep talk of real news quiet.  Just like the Cait/gate.

very sneaky.

aren't you proud?    Woman Sad

~Enough is enough~
Trusted Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Unless it's illegal, no.  Cecil and his chatter online was put there to keep talk of real news quiet.  Just like the Cait/gate.

@esmeraldagooch, and what "real news" would that be? Seriously, I have the newspaper (well, a few) in front of me here, and I can't find the "unreal" news. Please point me in the correct (I didn't what to say "right" if it was "wrong") direction. TIA

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

I find that if people really want the real news, all they have to do is change the channel.

Last night I turned on CNN at 7:00, looking for the sentencing verdict - it never appeared.  I learned about it here on a QVC thread.  BUT if I had turned the channel to al jazeera, I would have learned about it when it happened.

For some, all they want to do is look and listen to what they agree with, more or less a validation of their own views.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Huh?

Smiley confused 8.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

It doesn't seem as if a few people are actually reading even the original post, much less some of the important information other posters have shared.  And some claim they want "real news."  How odd.

Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic

Esteemed Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

What on earth are you talking about?

Real news?   Cecil and his chatter online?  Cait/gate?

Are you really implying that those of us who are concerned about illegal poaching and trophy hunting aren't interested in "real news"?  I find that rather insulting.

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Oh, not. That's awful. How did you find out about this conspiracy? And please tell me who's behind it. So scary.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Oh, not. That's awful. How did you find out about this conspiracy? And please tell me who's behind it. So scary.

suzyQ3 - LOL!  I'd like to know, too.  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Since that topic IS real news, you are INCORRECT.