Respected Contributor

Re: Is Cecil a tipping point?

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Unless it's illegal, no.  Cecil and his chatter online was put there to keep talk of real news quiet.  Just like the Cait/gate.

very sneaky.

aren't you proud?    Woman Sad

~Enough is enough~
Trusted Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Unless it's illegal, no.  Cecil and his chatter online was put there to keep talk of real news quiet.  Just like the Cait/gate.

@esmeraldagooch, and what "real news" would that be? Seriously, I have the newspaper (well, a few) in front of me here, and I can't find the "unreal" news. Please point me in the correct (I didn't what to say "right" if it was "wrong") direction. TIA

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

I find that if people really want the real news, all they have to do is change the channel.

Last night I turned on CNN at 7:00, looking for the sentencing verdict - it never appeared.  I learned about it here on a QVC thread.  BUT if I had turned the channel to al jazeera, I would have learned about it when it happened.

For some, all they want to do is look and listen to what they agree with, more or less a validation of their own views.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Huh?

Smiley confused 8.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

It doesn't seem as if a few people are actually reading even the original post, much less some of the important information other posters have shared.  And some claim they want "real news."  How odd.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

What on earth are you talking about?

Real news?   Cecil and his chatter online?  Cait/gate?

Are you really implying that those of us who are concerned about illegal poaching and trophy hunting aren't interested in "real news"?  I find that rather insulting.

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Oh, not. That's awful. How did you find out about this conspiracy? And please tell me who's behind it. So scary.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Oh, not. That's awful. How did you find out about this conspiracy? And please tell me who's behind it. So scary.

suzyQ3 - LOL!  I'd like to know, too.  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Since that topic IS real news, you are INCORRECT.