Regular Contributor

Re: Is Canada facing the Covid-19?

I think it is very strange that just Canada, the U.S., and Europe are the most effected by this virus.

Respected Contributor

Many of the firefighters in Langley BC have been exposed to the virus because the Chief didn't think they needed to be properly protected and 7-8 are under quarantine. It's a big thing and they are mad!

Respected Contributor

Canada will now turn back asylum-seekers attempting to enter the country outside of official border points, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Friday, part of a set of extreme new measures meant to stop the spread of COVID-19.

Asylum seekers were already barred from entering Canada at official border points under the Safe Third Country Agreement, but migrants have continued to arrive by foot at Roxham Road in Quebec in a steady flow due to an exception for non-official crossings under the agreement.

Another agreement to close the Canada-U.S. border to all but essential travel, trade and commerce will kick in at midnight. Trudeau described the measures as part of an unprecedented but necessary response to an emergency that many are comparing to wartime and the Great Depression.

In Canada, the Public Health Agency of Canada has encouraged people to work from home where possible, to self-isolate if experiencing any symptoms, and to practise social distancing to stop the spread of the virus.

Honored Contributor

I just read that North Korea had numerous deaths among the miliary that they said was "pneumonia."   If you google - there are multiple reports about Korea.  Lots of info online.

Otherwise - in Asia ... Chna, North and South Korea, Japan and Iran.

Some statistics .... approxmate numbers

268,000 confirmed cases

11,000 deaths

91,000 recovered

-------------------------

@giova wrote:

I think it is very strange that just Canada, the U.S., and Europe are the most effected by this virus.

Honored Contributor

"The National Post" online has a fair bit of recent info also on the state of the virus in Canada, @cookinfreak .   They describe a variety of reactions from province to province, just as there is from state to state here.

Esteemed Contributor

Canadians have suspended all but essential travel to Americans.

Detroit and Port Huron are two of the busiest ports for Canadians who cross to work in the US. While GM is allowing white collar workers to telework, when the exchange rate is this favorable, many nurses cross to work in the US.

Respected Contributor

Im wondering about Russia.  I havent heard one thing about them.