Super Contributor

Re: Is Anything "Unforgivable"?

child and animal abuse-dont get me started, there should be a certain circle of Hell for these people.

Respected Contributor

Yes.

Trusted Contributor

I going to take this in a different direction. My husband & I have been married 35 years. I don't want to sound sappy, but we really are best friends. And we both feel that being unfaithful would be unforgivable. I know people will disagree with me & that's fine. It's just the way we feel. But I know people are really divided on this topic.
QVC Customer Care

@Suziepeach 

It's all good, I know that you are not challenging moderation but I do not see where your post was deleted?

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

From a human standpoint, I'd have a hard time forgiving someone who abused -or knowingly let someone else- abuse their child. 

QVC Customer Care

@Suziepeach 

I am sorry, your post was fine but it was deleted mistakenly. For some reason, the software listed your post as quoting the one that needed to be removed. 

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Suziepeach 

It's all good, I know that you are not challenging moderation but I do not see where your post was deleted?

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC   oh it's gone and that's okay, and thank you for answering me.  It pertained about forgiving my domestic abuser..  there were 2 hearts two and that's gone in notifications.. no biggie..

Thank you again and for explaining what happened..  appreciate it !

😀🍷

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

I don't make these decisions and I don't speak for any gods, I think it's a bad idea to spend mind time on what can't be decided as an absolute except for someone who must and then I begin to wonder what's going on in their head that they have such ruminations, a trip down a rabbit hole.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!! Absolutely!! .........................

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Is there anything, anything at all, that you would say is unforgivable?

Abuse of children, elderly, animals?

Or, could you forgive anyone, for anything, no matter how heinous?

For me, it's betrayal of family.

That, to me, is unforgivable.

@Anonymous032819 

Forgiveness is for the sake of the one doing the forgiving, not the one who has “done wrong.” Most people don’t realize this. Most also don’t realize that to forgive does not mean to forget.