Honored Contributor

Re: Is Anything "Unforgivable"?

Unforgiving is not as hard as forgetting. The forgetting is the hardest for me.
Honored Contributor

So hard to put away a lot of my stuff when it is still going to be in upper 90s for several more weeks. I don’t wear white pants much anyway so easy to pack them up. Granddaughter, 20 months, wiped her red popsicle-face on my white pants last week when I was standing in the kitchen...her little face is exactly knee-length on me!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow! I didn't expect so many responses!

For me personally, I do try and forgive, but there are times when an act, and/or a person doesn't deserve forgiveness.

I'll try and keep this brief.

I have an older cousin, and she is in her 60's.

Towards the end of my dad's life, after NO involvement from her in any way, shape, or form, she swooped in, and tried to DEMAND that she be put in charge of his care, and things done her way.

It's a whole l-o-n-g story, that I won't bore you with, but bottom line is, she tried to skrew me over, and I stood up to her, and fought back, when she thought that I would just cower, and give her what she wanted.

She didn't like that, but she soon saw that she didn't have a legal leg to stand on.

She couldn't even be bothered to come to her uncle's service.

This was the man that helped to raise her and her siblings, was a father figure to them.

Yes, it's a sore spot with me, on what she did.

No, I don't dwell on it.

I can go weeks without thinking about what she did.

I have moved forward with my life.

She does not deserve forgiveness, nor has she earned forgiveness.

I don't know if I will ever forgive her for what she did.

Maybe someday, but not today.

Definitely not today.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I agree that unfaithfulness would be difficult to forgive. My ex cheated big time when he had a very high profile position. Everyone knew except me. I could never trust him again...so we split. Forget? Never. Forgive? Still working on it after all these years. He will have to stand before God and answer for what he did, I find some comfort in that.
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I agree that unfaithfulness would be difficult to forgive. My ex cheated big time when he had a very high profile position. Everyone knew except me. I could never trust him again...so we split. Forget? Never. Forgive? Still working on it after all these years. He will have to stand before God and answer for what he did, I find some comfort in that.

@lovesrecess  So sorry you had to endure that situation, I understand for the same happened to me with my ex, others knew of his philandering, I did not but how I found out was humiliating--he saw no problem with his behavior--I did.  Since he never said he was sorry, no reason to forgive.

Honored Contributor

@Monketoes wrote:

For Me,  Yes...

Monke~

Ditto!

Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Monketoes wrote:

For Me,  Yes...

Monke~

Ditto!

Chickenbutt, how great to see your post as I have missed you and your responses. I know we are not but it seems like a familiar friend on the boards. Hope all is well with you. I hope what I say is unforgiveable is not considered political but what a certain leader did in WWII to so many people is imo unforgiveable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
@allaries@allaries wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Monketoes wrote:

For Me,  Yes...

Monke~

Ditto!

Chickenbutt, how great to see your post as I have missed you and your responses. I know we are not but it seems like a familiar friend on the boards. Hope all is well with you. I hope what I say is unforgiveable is not considered political but what a certain leader did in WWII to so many people is imo unforgiveable.

Wow, I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!   Hey, I consider the wonderful people I know and enjoy online to be my friends, so there!  Smiley Happy

I have a couple other boards I frequent and even for longer than I was here.  I've only been here since 2008-2009, IIRC.   But it feels like a lifetime and I have met so many wonderful people here over those years.  Heck, I post on a board I've been on for way longer and I feel like I have more friends that I've met here in that 10-11 years.    I just wish some folks would back off others and stop needing to dog others to feel good about themselves.   It's just sad but it's also annoying.

ETA - I think I lied.  I"ve been here since 2004-2005.   Man, getting where I can't remember anything anymore!  Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Deepwaterdotter, you're hilarious!

Miss you so much on the trivia board.

Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:
@allaries@allaries wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Monketoes wrote:

For Me,  Yes...

Monke~

Ditto!

Wow, I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!   Hey, I consider the wonderful people I know and enjoy online to be my friends, so there!  Smiley Happy

I have a couple other boards I frequent and even for longer than I was here.  I've only been here since 2008-2009, IIRC.   But it feels like a lifetime and I have met so many wonderful people here over those years.  Heck, I post on a board I've been on for way longer and I feel like I have more friends that I've met here in that 10-11 years.    I just wish some folks would back off others and stop needing to dog others to feel good about themselves.   It's just sad but it's also annoying.

Well I rarely post as i miss the "old" posters. I rarely watch the Q much anymore either. But glad you are well. And yes some people ruin things for the posters. Too bad. You take care.