Valued Contributor

Re: Is Anything "Unforgivable"?

I think if you have to constantly forgive someone for the way they treat you, then eventually that could reach a point where you just can’t forgive them anymore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anonymous0328199 I totally agree, yet, one doesn'tconstantlyl;y have to tolerate abuse or ill treatment when the other says "sorry".  "Sorry" does NOT ever get a free pass.

That covers Emotional-Physical-Verbal abuse.  Absolutely NONE!

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  you have to know something is wrong  before you can be guilty of a sin like that. I am trying to speak in generalities and not get too technical

What I have said is the beginning of learning to find peace by forgiving others..You just have to say, I will not retaliate in kind ,and think that God  will settle things

If you start repaying in kind, it isn't going to make you feel better. In fact, the more you feed anger ,and hatred, the bigger it becomes, and the more it will engulf you t,aking away happy times, that could be spent in more productive pursuits

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

We can answer the question only after personally facing such a decision. The rest is just opining in the abstract.

@suzyQ3   Agree. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The Wolf You Feed

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What makes something labeled as unforgivable.

If you can not forget it, then can you really forgive. You do move on, with or without that person, but the shadow of true forgiveness still lingers in the air.

Then what happens when you ask for forgiveness, and can you be sure about being forgiven. The shadow of your transgression lingers within yourself and can you forgive yourself.

Any forgiveness is within the individual, even a heinous act, et cetera.

We all have sins, big or small, they are still sins. I do not forget, so anything could be unforgivable, and thus I ask for forgiveness.

It is an oxymoron.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Depends on the behavior.  Some are so heinous, they are unforgivable.  

Stupid of me to forgive someone who continues doing these things.  

Murder, domestic violence, child abuse, animal cruelty, rape, and other behaviors are unforgivable as I think they require mental health treatment and/or punishment, not forgiveness. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beth-QVC gosh what happened to my post, I didn't mention religion, and I am not challenging moderation

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 There's a story elsewhere of a police dog that was left in the police car in the heat and died.  Apparently an alarm system that was supposed to warn the officer that the car's A/C wasn't working didn't function.  This happened in CA.

THAT is unforgivable.  I believe that he police officer's Certificate that allows him to be a police officer should be immediately and permanently revoked.  Then the officer should be charged with animal cruelty and suffer whatever sentence the law allows.  If the police dog is considered a police officer and the law allows, the officer should be charged with the death of a police officer and if convicted, face the same penatly.

That dog must not have died in vain.