Respected Contributor

Is Anyone Getting A Ton of Delivery Failed Notifiations from Your Email...

They look like they are from Germany and trying to send a virus through outlook. Says delivery has failed and they are in German. I don't open them but am getting around 12 a day from different people or companies.

I just noticed Amazon in one of them and I did do reviews the other day from products I purchased. I won't answer reviews anymore. I wish there was some way to report them.

One from eBay and I haven't bought anything from them in a while.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Getting A Ton of Delivery Failed Notifiations from Your Email...

Sounds like your e mail was hacked, change your password to a stronger one.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I had that happen years ago and Jazzmom is correct. My email account had been hacked. Change your password immediately.

Respected Contributor

actually yesterday I received THREE to my home email from my work email...I thought it was very strange as I didn't send anything to my work email!

I just ignored it.

Respected Contributor

I never open Amazon emails requesting reviews. I go directly to my Amazon account to write reviews.

Trusted Contributor

I had this happen about six months ago. From what I could find someone probably has spoofed your email address. They aren't actually going out from your email server but the undeliverable message gets sent back to you since that's the address they have used.

I think they just send out a bunch of spam to a ton of addresses hoping that some actually get through to someone, but a lot of the addresses they send to aren't even real.

I did get a few actual replies from real people. In German of course. It seemed to stop after a couple of weeks.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, they are still coming back to me and hopefully will stop soon. I would change my password but I don't have the disk to use to figure it out and I don't have a password on outlook as far as I know. None are going through but there are so many. Would it be okay to delete them or do I need to keep them?

Honored Contributor

I am, almost every day. Their English is terrible, I can spot them a mile away. I never open them.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 1/5/2015 Montana said:

I never open Amazon emails requesting reviews. I go directly to my Amazon account to write reviews.

Good plan and I will follow this from now on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

You can delete them. I did get a couple of responses from people. I was sure they were going to be messages yelling at me for sending them spam or viruses or something. I did a google translate on them and they just said stuff like I'm not interested right now.

I didn't change my email password but out of a little paranoia I did change the bank password. I was really just glad it wasn't something that came out of my computer and went out to my address book.