Respected Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Else Glad the Holidays Are Over?

@beckyb1012  I used to also say I wasn't done until after Super Bowl.  There were two family birthdays in January and then we always had a huge Super Bowl party.   

Yes, I am glad the holidays are over but January and February are my least favorite months so no celebration here.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@beckyb1012  I used to also say I wasn't done until after Super Bowl.  There were two family birthdays in January and then we always had a huge Super Bowl party.   

Yes, I am glad the holidays are over but January and February are my least favorite months so no celebration here.

For us it is because of what happens in that time frame.  My Mom and Dad married on Dec. 23rd 1960, I was born Christmas Eve one year later, I married on New Year's Eve and my Mom's birthday was January 1st with my little brother's birthday on Jan. 4th.  Lot's going on!!  I kept the Dec/Jan time frame going by getting my divorce final in December too.

One thing it will be back before we know it!!  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

NO! 

I'm one of the holdouts. We don't take decorations down until January 6 (Epiphany), when I will switch decorations from Christmas to winter and snowmen.

Like a lot of others I am very busy in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Church responsibilities don't stop. With that and home I don't have much time to myself. I kept telling everyone I need one more week before Christmas! Everything started up again today. I have a meeting this evening and tomorrow evening. Things need to happen! It's a new year!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Company is gone.  All the wrong foods are gone.  House isn't too bad.  I can turn the thermostat down and visit with you girls again.

@monicakm  Happy New Year! How are you feeling? And how is the hubby doing? I was thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. 💖

Respected Contributor

@bmorechick your Dad is part of the Greatest Generation. Much respect to him and peace to him and your family. 

Honored Contributor

We still have our decorations out for another week or two.

We are extra excited that Murder She Wrote and Columbo returned to Great American Family channel this morning. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!

Respected Contributor

It's a resounding YES for me! Cat Tongue

Valued Contributor

Yes! Great post Smiley Happy

Not everyone has a family around. Some people are alone, spouse deceased, parents gone, kids living far away and friends have passed away. 

If you have a hectic, fun, crazy Christmas take a mental picture. It won't always be that way. When I was working FT it was nuts. Shopping, wrapping, decorating, baking, etc.  And this was before Amazon! lol.  Now.......it's quiet.  It's a bit sad, but there are seasons in life. 

Enjoy the season you're in and be aware it's not always going to be the same! 

Frequent Contributor

@chrystaltree  I have not weighed myself yet but I know I am up.