Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Anybody Experiencing Unexpected Delivery Delays from UPS?

There are 2 places which set up a new warehouse as an excuse. yesterday i received the same thing as the day before.  stll haven't received everything from them. Other wise it seems ok since I am in California.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I put this same question to my Village forum and there are several in my area not getting their packages from the same UPS distribution center.  It turns out that they are short of drivers and aren't hiring any.  No Christmas extra workers.  Wow...that's sad.

I just got a notification saying, yet again, that my package will be delivered today.  Problem is it only mentions one package....no mention of my Amazon package.  My Keurig coffee has not shipped yet which is, odd by the way but no hurry.  Patience is a virtue.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I'm on day three of "out for delivery" for one of my Amazon prime packages. It shows that it's coming from UPS. It was supposed to be here last Friday. 

I'm also expecting another Amazon package today, also from UPS and another one from Macy's by mail. We'll see what my success rate is today. 

I have several food items coming from QVC. They all show in process and should be shipped today. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm on day three of "out for delivery" for one of my Amazon prime packages. It shows that it's coming from UPS. It was supposed to be here last Friday. 

I'm also expecting another Amazon package today, also from UPS and another one from Macy's by mail. We'll see what my success rate is today. 

I have several food items coming from QVC. They all show in process and should be shipped today. 

@gidgetgh, I would hope that a food/perishable item has to be delivered immediately.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update on mine.....so far all my packages are here in the state...at a local post office...UPS drops them off there and then that post office sorts them to go out to all the other local post offices.  Been sitting there since Nov 30th....no updates no movement posted at all!  All it says on all the packages is that I should be getting them as of 12/2 delivery LOL....guess I will have to call each place and ask for help.  I don't get it....WHY are they letting everything back up like this?  I have several more orderes that shipped out right away also...I can see it now...those will be dropped of by UPS at this post office and just sit there too.  Never had this happen before.....perfect weather everything got here within a few days of shipping.....now that post office isn't sorting out packages to all the other offices for some unknown reason.

It must be that Mail Innovations Co. agreement....whatever is up with this strange system...UPS then to a hub local post office then that one gets it to the next local post office and then finally maybe you get your package.  

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Yeah!  My "where the heck has it been" Amazon package which showed "out for delivery" on three separate days just arrived, by UPS. 

I was expecting another UPS package today also which didn't come. Maybe another driver will come later. 

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh, I would hope that a food/perishable item has to be delivered immediately.

@Mmsfoxxie- all are non perishable food items. 

Honored Contributor

Well, it's after 9 pm so I guess my package isn't coming yet again.  My Amazon package either.

Over the weekend, I placed an order to QVC.  This evening, I tried to cancel it since it was still in process mode.  My cancellation is pending, meaning it might be too late. But I don't want to deal with QVC sending my package through UPS thus me dealing with another delivery delay.

Honored Contributor

On Cyber Monday, I placed an order with Target that was supposed to arrive on Wednesday..just two days later.  I placed the order, thinking it was as fast as Amazon Prime.

Every day since...they've delayed the delivery by yet another day.  Maybe it will be delivered tomorrow.  

Honored Contributor

I had two more that were supposed to be delivered yesterday that didn't arrive.

One was an Amazon Prime order, (ordered Nov. 29th!!) that's supposed to be coming by UPS.  I thought it was taking forever to get here from the 29th with a delivery date of 12/5, but it didn't arrive yesterday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for today.  Long, long ship time for that one.

The second was from Macy's.  Was supposed to arrive yesterday.  Tracking this morning shows that it got to my post office last night at 11:45.

Speaking of post office, when my husband and I went to bed last night at 10:00, our mail still hadn't come.

Delivery delays seem to be really severe this year and seem to have started earlier than usual, right after Thanksgiving.  Just putting it out there, but I'd be leery of ordering anything for Christmas delivery at this point.  Just my opinion.