Respected Contributor

Ipad issue(s)...hope there is help.

iPad question:  went to check if my update was most current and all I got was the little icon spinning....may be a problem ?

Noticed that I keep getting the message " page reloaded " and at other times it just goes to a very blurred rendition of the colors in my home page.

Any ideas...I dread getting a new iPad.  TIA.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Contributor

Re: Ipad issue(s)...hope there is help.

I am having the same problem, everytime I look at a item it goes to the page has been reloaded! I have no idea what's going on but it is getting annoying. 

Honored Contributor

Try powering it off or clearing cookies.

Honored Contributor

search for how to restart your iPad 

Honored Contributor

Turn it totally off, wait a few seconds and then turn it back on. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have had this happen..double press the star button and swipe up all,of your previous screens. The next step is to clear out the cookies. Turn it completely off for a few minutes. When you restart it should be fine. If you do nit clear previous screens and clean cookies every time you use it this can happen per the Genius Bar at the Apple Store. They also recommend powering off twice a week.  Good luck

Respected Contributor

Sorry..typo..that should be start button 

Honored Contributor

@jlkz,  You didn't mention which iPad you have.    Regarding updates:  Some (including mine -- iPad 3) no longer can accommodate the newer iOS updates.   However, if this is the case when you click the  "Software Update" option normally it will either give you the option to update or it will display the version you're using and "Your software is up-to-date" (meaning up-to-date for your iPad model).   The spinning wheel usually means you might need to do something like connect your device to your computer and update via iTunes...  you might have a wireless connection issue that won't allow Software Update to run properly.   Or the device might need the troubleshooting steps before it can proceed (added in next post).

Regarding webpage reloads:  On older devices, unfortunately this problem will eventually start happening.   You can try the usual troubleshooting steps (I'll add a copy of my usual suggested steps in the next post), and that might help.   You also can try disabling Javascript (in Settings, Safari, Advanced), but you'll find that some features won't work as well or at all and some pages won't show up...  so you'll find yourself toggling it off and on.   A work-around, but not a very handy one.   Another option is to use the "Reader View" on sites that allow it (just look in the URL box as the page loads and you'll see the icon and "Reader View Available."   Just click the icon to activate this feature.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

General tips.   (@jlkz I know you've already tried the first one):

1.  Be sure you have the most recent version of iOS.

(just go into Settings, choose "General," and then tap "About" to see the "Version.")

2.  Close the multi-tasking apps running in the background.

(Double-click the Home button to see recently used apps and then swipe each one up to close all the apps.)

3.  Clear cookies, cache and website data in Safari.

(Go to Settings, then choose Safari, then choose "Clear History and Website Data" and tap "Clear" when you see the popup.  Then, choose Safari, "Advanced," "Website Data," and clear all that.  It won't harm anything, your saved login info -- user ID, passwords -- will remain intact.)

4.  Try a simple “Restart:”
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

5.  Try a “Hard Reset:”
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for about eight seconds.   This will force the device to turn off, even if it's frozen.
If it doesn't automatically restart, just press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo.

6.   If you still have problems, perform a sync/backup  (either with iTunes on your computer or on the iCloud -- whatever you normally do).    This should be done frequently, and not only does it ensure you have a good backup it also frees up space and can clear up a myriad of software glitches.

7.   Completely erasing/resetting the iPad and restoring it from backup can fix many problems.   It's imperative that you first perform a complete backup, unless you simply want to do away with everything you've saved and restore the device to factory settings and start from scratch.   Research this first and be 100% sure you're comfortable taking this step, or do it with Apple Support guiding you through it.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova