Honored Contributor

Interspecies squee... hope you're sitting down ;-)

[ Edited ]

I'd like for mama to adopt me, too. Heart

special alert to @mistriTsquirrel  

I've squirreled away some kisses! Cat adopts four adorable critters - and one in particular LOVES its new mummy

• Pusha the cat adopted four baby squirrels and currently feeds and lives with them in Bakhchisaray, Crimea 
  • The red squirrels were orphaned but now live with Pusha at a local park about 20 miles south of Simferopol
  • The group sleep, eat and play together and all seem to have gotten used to their unusual family arrangement

A cat has adopted four baby squirrels and now treats them as if they were her own offspring, as these adorable photographs show. 

The four squirrels were adopted by Pusha after they were orphaned, but have since gotten used to their new family. 

The group sleep, eat and play together at a local park in Bakhchisaray, a small town narrow valley of the Curuk Suv river about 20 miles south-west of Simferopol, Crimea's de facto capital.  

Adorable photographs show the young red squirrels cuddling up to their adoptive mother and climbing all over her. 

One in particular shows the Pusha appearing to kiss one of the tiny squirrels, who are said to follow their adoptive mother around and even fight over her milk. 

Pusha the cat has adopted four bereaved baby squirrels and currently feeds and lives with them in Bakhchisaray, Crimea
The group sleep, eat and play together and all seem to have gotten used to their unusual family arrangement

Adorable photographs show the young red squirrels cuddling up to their adoptive mother and climbing all over her

One in particular shows the Pusha appearing to kiss one of the tiny squirrels, who she adopted along with its siblings after they were orphaned

Honored Contributor

Re: Interspecies squee & beauty... hope you're sitting down ;)

I don't know, my cat Moe would have that squirrel by the neck.

Honored Contributor

Amazing!

Thanks.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this. It's so precious. Just love to see this type of story. Some of the news stories of the day really broke my heart. Such evil exists in the world. This was just what I needed. 

Thanks again. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Interspecies squee... hope you're sitting down ;-)

Amazing!  Proof positive that peaceful coexistence can actually happen!  A lesson that should be learned by all...

Honored Contributor

Oh no, that poor cat is confused, or lonely, or both!  I wonder if she cuddles up with mice too.

Trusted Contributor

@feline groovy Thank you for sharing this. Adorable!  If only humans were half as cute.

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy  Thanks for posting such sweet pics.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @feline groovy !!

Awww...this reminds me of Tintin the Squirrel.  His best friend is a cat.

Tintin's YouTube Channel

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org