Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting encounter at the grocery store today

@croemer

Yup that was the face I gave our waitress!!! And others who annoy me!!!!

Respected Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

Just where do you shop?

Priceless, @Mj12!

If it's in my state of Colorado, maybe she was a little high!  Sometimes it's interesting to listen to sales people or cashiers.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@151949

Oh boy, today was a rough one at work and I needed your original post to make me laugh.  Not laughing at you, just imagining all the people in line rolling up to the register saying I want my change.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Mj12

OMG, this post struck me funny (not that the OP had to spell it out for the cashier).  When I looked at your avatar, I imagined all of the customer running around saying I want my change.

Man, I think I need to hit the bed early tonight, it's probably not as funny as I am finding it.

Honored Contributor

This reminded me of the time my husband and I went to a Mexican Food restaurant...little hole in the wall but we love their food. The check came and it was about 15.00 dollars...my husband sat down a 100 dollar bill...the server picked it up and never came back...we waitied and waited and waited and finally found the manager and explained the situation and he pulled the server aside and she denied it at first said we had given her a 20.00 dollar bill. UH...NOOOOOOOOOOOO...she finally fessed up and he brought our change. He actually said he had complaints about her before. My husband and I looked at him like...Image result for what meme

and he kept her on??? Haven't been back since because it is in another town...but why would a manager keep someone like that around??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@croemer

Was she young and pretty?

hmmmmm

Honored Contributor

I would say she was attractive and would have never guessed she would try to pull something like this...friendly as well. I think I get your point. haha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

homedecor1 wrote:

it's not just grocery stores - it's everywhere here!

For example, we went to dinner at a restaurant we frequent often & husband said " Wow all NEW faces here?" Meaning waitresses/waiters.

She brought our bill. We were paying w/cc - he got up she asked me "do you want to round up?" (Which would have been 93 cents) I said "NO!" -- so I saw manager and told her what she asked. Manager answer "oh, she must have thought you were putting her tip on cc & the corp. takes 3% off the tip amount". What????? Too bad for them - I left cash for her tip! (And honestly not 20% I normally leave!) I was annoyed!!!!!

(When I got home I checked my cc just to make sure she only charged my account the correct amount)

I find it happens mostly at restaurants lately here! That change adds up fast! 

If anyone ever asked me if I want to "round up", I'd answer, "No. I left my saddle and spurs at home."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Going to the grocery store is like a soap opera -- you never know what is going to happen!

Seriously, the cashier should have said the change would go to XYZ charity rather than ask if you wanted the change back.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
QVC Social Team