Respected Contributor

Re: Interesting encounter at the grocery store today

@Melania wrote:

You always have the most "interesting" encounters. Smiley Embarassed

I've thought the same thing more than once.  lol

Honored Contributor

My guess as to where the money goes...you have a cashier determined to get on welfare, one way or another.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Just when I thought I had heard of everything. LOL. I can imagine I too would be shocked LOL. I always have a boat load of half joking witty come backs LOL cant say here though LOL. And darn those "Gimme calls" I keep getting from 7am till 10 pm almost every day and night.....and I would think my crafty come backs would have shocked them into taking me off the list of intended victims by now.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Well, that's a new one on me.  But then, most of the time I use my debit card so I guess the question cannot come up.

I agree with some that I would also want to know why the question.    It seems like if there were some kind of charity deal the question would be 'would you like to donate your change to xyz charity?'.   But to just ask you if you want your change is odd.    

Is there a new thing with cashiers soliciting tips?

I don't get out much, anymore, so I am always behind these days.  Smiley Happy

I use my debit card 99% of the time, and just get the "Do you want to donate to X, Y or N"? and if Yes $1, $3, $5.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

It's that time of year.

Williams-Somona always collects for St. Jude hospitals.  WS is one of their biggest donors by way of customers.

A wonderful charity, one of my favorites.

We have always said that if we ever won one of those huge lotteries, after setting up funds for ourself, daughter and immediate family members we split the rest between St. Jude and Deborah Heart & Lung.

Trusted Contributor

People still use cash?

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

People still use cash?

Yes

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

It's that time of year.

Williams-Somona always collects for St. Jude hospitals.  WS is one of their biggest donors by way of customers.

A wonderful charity, one of my favorites.

We have always said that if we ever won one of those huge lotteries, after setting up funds for ourself, daughter and immediate family members we split the rest between St. Jude and Deborah Heart & Lung.

@CelticCrafter

How nice of you to think that way! Woman Happy

A close friend of my daughter has a toddler fighting cancer, it's heartbreaking.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My question is where would the money go. Where they having a donate your change to a charity ??

@QVCkitty1

Maybe to the cashier???  She might be trying to make a little money on the side!  whistle.gif

Respected Contributor

Oh this has me laughing out loud!! You are right very interesting and I would add crazy to it! I would say that person certainly didn't have their head in the game. No I don't tip the cashier at the store. Now I have tipped the carry out guy before when it is Winter and snowing along with me having a cart loaded with bags.