Valued Contributor

I read my Scriptures online from biblegateway. They have different Bibles, I read the Amplified Version and the KJV.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought religion was one of the subjects not allowed on the boards.  A while back I submitted a lovely story that was taken down because of one word.  Incidentally, the subject matter was in no way religious.  Mmmm, maybe I should submit the story again. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

I purchased my Rainbow Bible from my local Christian bookstore cheaper.

Super Contributor

Re: Interesting - NIV Bible

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I thought religion was one of the subjects not allowed on the boards.  A while back I submitted a lovely story that was taken down because of one word.  Incidentally, the subject matter was in no way religious.  Mmmm, maybe I should submit the story again. 

@Lindsays Grandma 

As other posters said they permit this conversation since it's about a product the Q was selling. Not the same as a thread about a religious story. 

The Mods post their email tho for us to use so maybe you could email and ask. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

That’s really unfortunate that that happened, @Lindsays Grandma  😕

Respected Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I live in a large suburban area; we used to have several Christian bookstores here but now they have all closed down.  People often seem to prefer to buy on line because of time restraints,and sometimes even better prices.

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Hmm: Could it be that one of the readers objected to your post and not an emplyee of QVC?

Honored Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I live in a large suburban area; we used to have several Christian bookstores here but now they have all closed down.  People often seem to prefer to buy on line because of time restraints,and sometimes even better prices.

@HiLo   Same here. We had one for years in the town next to mine. It's been gone for quite awhile. Haven't seen any in any town in awhile. 

Honored Contributor

This thread isn't about belief and theology.  It's about Bibles as books and as where to buy them. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Hmm: Could it be that one of the readers objected to your post and not an emplyee of QVC?

No, that wasn't the reason.  It was a lovely story about a train and a journey.  It was shortly after the new rules were posted about no religion and politics.  One word started with a "p" and the mods shut it down because it was considered religious.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam