Honored Contributor

Interesting I predicted this - commercials ...

Our state officially opened a week ago.  Monday will be heading into Phase 2.  That being said I told spouse within days all the heart wrenching and doom & gloom commercials would be gone.  

Yup..no more "where in this together", "at this time we are here for you", "need help paying bills we're here", need your house remodeled we've got great financing plans", mortgage & cc companies offering assistance,   "in this time you need a car", Charmin and other tp commercials, hospital & insurance companies highlighting employees, WM and the list goes on!

Commercials are back to everyday stuff at least in our area. Guess nobody is "here for us" anymore or "in it with us"🤷‍♀️ now it's "we've come a long way time to move forward", "hire a contractor times are tough", "now you know home is so important its the time to buy a home".

In fact, our news channels only give a top of the hour recap of COVID.  I am assuming starting Monday the newscasters will slowly start returning to the studio vs. from their homes.

Very interesting...has anyone else noticed this whose State is opened?

Respected Contributor

Re: Interesting I predicted this - commercials ...

What I notice is when I watch LivePd I see maybe 2 officers wearing masks. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just notice how many companies are trying very hard to cash in on other people’s misery. I am sure many who have lost their jobs will find themselves in huge debt by using all of the zero interest and deferred payment offers.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess 

we had lots of those, including many dealerships offering "deferred", "no credit check", etc they seemed to not be on as much. 

Now I've notice more law firms advertising to "help" those get unemployment due, mortgage & creditors stop calling, bankruptcy, medical bills paid due to virus & most recently as tonight -- lost your job...

Honored Contributor

I'm yet to see a Sheriff officer in my area wearing a mask -- I'm sure their are ones who do.

We had a big accident last night in front of our complex--state troopers, sheriffs and only people I saw with masks were the paramedics.

We never mandated to wear masks nor any businesses requiring them,to my knowledge.  Although, I've only been to food stores in past 2 months and that's usually 1x/week on off hours (mid afternoon).

Honored Contributor

The end is not yet in sight in my state but I'm really getting sick of the touchy-feely TV commercials, car parades for everyone from seniors to HS grads to first birthdays.  What's so exciting about watching a line of honking cars?

Lastly, it's nice to be grateful to medical staff, first responders, truck drivers and everybody else but I'm getting weary of local businesses trying to outdo each other with lavish free meals and treats to these people.  They even had a breakfast for UPS drivers, lunch for FedEx.  Personally right now, I'd like to wring the neck of my UPS driver.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

It would be great when posting items relating to the corona virus and what is happening in your state, if you would also post what city and state you are in.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My state hasn't peaked yet and my city is considered 1 of the 2 hottest spots in the country. We had over 1,000 new cases 2 days ago.  Still, our governor is opening up everything.   Our  governor will do anything for the economy no matter how many it kills.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

My state hasn't peaked yet and our governor is opening up everything. We had over 1,000 new cases 2 days ago.  Our  governor will do anything for the economy no matter how many it kills.

@CalminHeart @I agree.   The same goes for Maryland.  I heard Maryland will start to open next week.   There's so many new cases there every day.  Our governor is just as bad.  He only cares about making money.  Working isn't worth dying for.  I think it's time now for full retirement.   I want to live.  

Esteemed Contributor

It is nice for car companies to defer payments....but I am sure it will still affect your Credit score....