Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Interesting Article About Royal Life

I just read a Vanity Fair article by Patrick Jephson about Princess Diana's life after she was no longer working for the Crown.  He outlines the differences and wonders how this will play out for Harry and Meghan.

No side taking here, but interesting observations about the differences they will encounter.

I am not putting in a link because there are ads, but I'm

sure you can Google it.  It isn't long but is interesting and food for thought. 

What Harry and Meghan Can Learn From Princess Diana's Post-Royal Career.

Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting Article About Royal Life

I googled his name and Vanity Fair and pulled it up.  Very interesting indeed.  I like the line "what the Queen giveth she also taketh away." 

If they have to live off of her acting abilities there will not be much for buying anymore fancy things.  Thanks @Sooner 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Thank you.  I said something similar on another thread.  If they really want to do good in the world they gave up the best avenue for doing it.  Their way will never grant them the same access or protection.

However, it's their decision.  And I do hope if after a year it isn't working out, they take the queen's offer to reevaluate and perhaps come back.

Trusted Contributor

I truly understand Harry's utter dislike for the paparazzi....his mother was hounded beyond comprehension....his life has been splashed all over the media since the day he was born. With that being said...I feel that his global ability to do life changing charity work was much stronger as a royal. Sure, he and Meghan are celebrities in their own right and that will afford them endless opportunities, but the royal title, the protection for him and his family and having the world stage won't be there as it was in the royal aspect of his life. 

I hope he hasn't given up so much to accommodate Meghan. I want to believe that she isn't using him to further her own career, but my 63 years of wisdom(😉😉) kind of says otherwise. I truly wish the best for them, but I'm very sceptical of her motives. Anyway, JMHO.

Super Contributor

I tryly understand some of the comments made about Harry and Megan but  why do we assume that she made him step back. I got the sense that the relationship  with his brother had something to do with it. Harry was more popular then William and I   felt like he resented some of the control they had over him. He is not the first Royal to step back.The way people say things like Megan had never worked or that she made millions before she met Harry. She dressed in designer clothes before and she will work again. Harry is a grown man who I think never acted like a Royal.

Trusted Contributor

@ladyann45 wrote:

I tryly understand some of the comments made about Harry and Megan but  why do we assume that she made him step back. I got the sense that the relationship  with his brother had something to do with it. Harry was more popular then William and I   felt like he resented some of the control they had over him. He is not the first Royal to step back.The way people say things like Megan had never worked or that she made millions before she met Harry. She dressed in designer clothes before and she will work again. Harry is a grown man who I think never acted like a Royal.

Why do we think Meghan was the instigator?  Through the engagement and into the marriage, she kept her agent, manager, lawyer and business. Why would she when she was entering into a new life?  They weren't even married six months before they started securing patents and copyrights to use their "Sussex Royal" brand (killed off by the Queen), and court papers clearly state the products they planned to sell in Europe. As of now, they haven't been rescinded.  Meghan was the first to start cleaning house by dumping friends, and she'd already cut off her family.  Then Harry did the same thing with his lifelong friends and family.  

If Harry had had any real inclination to distance himself, then he could have simply gotten a job the way the others had to.  A rather large number of sources said Meghan didn't like living off so little, and then came the patents and copyrights.  I really can't imagine that it was Harry who came up with the idea of selling the royals while not really being a royal.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for the copyrights and patents, I believe it's been explained a number of times, that, William and Kate, have them also.  It's not so much, that plans are, to sell a huge number of items, as it is a way to protect their brand, now and for the future. 

No one has any idea, truly, of the nature, of either of H&M's relationships with friends and family. Friendships change and evolve, all the time, throughout our lives, as we chose our paths.  Your best friend, from your 20's, may be someone you rarely see in your 30's and have lost track of in your 40's.  It doesn't mean anyone was "dumped", it doesn't have to be anyone's fault, it's just life. 

Moving away from your family, doesn't mean you're dumping them. Choosing a path they wouldn't have chosen for you, doesn't mean you don't love them. Harry was born a royal, he didn't choose it. Does that mean, he has no right to make choices?

I believe  it's ridiculous to think, that Harry isn't an equal partner in his life choices. He's a 35 year old man, who appears reasonably intelligent and articulate. He spent many years, pre Meghan, living the life of a sophisticated playboy, dating a string of beautiful, accomplished women.

He was also, born and raised a royal, so, he would understand, far, far better, than his wife, what stepping away from royal life, would involve. 

I assume these two, aren't, establishing an international crime cartel.  They'll make their choices, they'll be successful, or they won't.