Respected Contributor

Re: Insurance rebate due to Coronavirus!

We got back $32 from Allstate.  At first when I got the email from Allstate I thought it was going to be a lot more.  Especially considering the thousands we pay every year for our auto insurance, and that doesn't include our home owners or umbrella policy.  I know it's nice to just get something though.

Esteemed Contributor

Progressive is 15% of April's charges, rebated in May and May's 15% rebated in June. About $12 ea month for me.

The bigger news is Michigan's PIP insurance is no longer required as of July 2nd. When I asked Progressive if the charge comes off automatically, oh no! You have to request a new policy!

Which I will promptly do. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm going to call Allstate tomorrow.  I haven't seen a penny yet.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Valued Contributor

My American Family rebate check for $50 arrived on Saturday. As my mother would say, "better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!"

Respected Contributor

Thank you, @89135 , for the information!  Looks like I'll be getting a refund check by the first week of June...although it will be for less than $20, I'll take it.

Super Contributor

25% back from State Farm will be paid in June. Not sure what it will be but we have 4 vehichles so whatever it is I'll be happy to get!

Mint

Honored Contributor

I got an email from AAA a short while back that said we were also getting a refund.   IIRC, it was something like 20% off of two payments.  I crudely figured it out to be around $40.    I paid the whole year at once, just to be done with it and it saves me a little bit for interest over the year (like $5 and I got that back, too).   

I appreciate anything like this for sure.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

This is a good will gesture that none of them had to do.  Whether it is $10 or $50, that is $10 or $50 you would not have had.  Good for them.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Occasional Contributor

Not exactly a "good will" gesture.  More likely that since their payouts for accidents have dropped significantly because everyone is staying home, they have the extra cash to give back as a marketing promotion.

Respected Contributor

@Mint2 wrote:

25% back from State Farm will be paid in June. Not sure what it will be but we have 4 vehichles so whatever it is I'll be happy to get!

Mint

@Mint2 We are State Farm customers too.  From what I've read, it will not be a payout but a credit on bills that are due as of June.  We have several vehicles as well as young adult drivers on our policies, so any savings will be greatly appreciated!