Respected Contributor

Insurance rebate due to Coronavirus!

Allstate is giving me a rebate due to the Corona virus on my auto policy.  It was renewed in February 2020 and it was for 6 months.  Well, they are sending me a check!!  A whole big $ 12.60 which is $ 2.10 a month!  Oh boy am I lucky!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Insurance rebate due to Coronavirus!

Yay! for Allstate - sharing their coronavirus windfall!

Trusted Contributor

yes i got an email this morning i get back 17.00 sonething,,i was thinking shouldnt this be for 2 months?  lol but its better than nothing... im happy to just get 17.00 lol

Trusted Contributor

I have Auto Owners Insurance, which was on the list of companies saying they would give a rebate.  Mine also was paid in full for the year in February.  I think I figured I would be due back $54.00, but have yet to hear anything from them. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We pay 6 months at a time to Farmer's and have heard nothing.

Super Contributor

I have The Hartford and I'm getting a percentage off (I think 15% off) next month's bill (I pay monthly).

Super Contributor

Allstate told me about rebate. It sounds good on the TV commercials but I knew we would not get much.
Honored Contributor

I'm getting $39.27 that's to be refunded to my checking account from Allstate...surprising that they are giving anything back at all!!

....AND I'm getting extra data from Verizon "during these difficult times" I don't have to do anything and they aren't charging me...from the goodness of their hearts...HAHA!

Super Contributor

@Ainhisg   I also have Farmers and I believe I got email that said they would pay a percentage of April..here is portion of what it says....The reduction is 25% of one month’s auto insurance premium. If you want to estimate your premium reduction and have a six-month policy, take your six-month premium, divide by 6 to get monthly premium, then divide by 4 for the 25% reduction. If you have a 12-month policy, divide the full premium by 12 to get monthly premium, then divide by 4 to get the 25% reduction amount....

We are currently assessing how much policyholders are likely to drive in the month of May, based on the latest COVID-19 facts, as that will be the basis for any possible premium reduction. We will provide you an update as soon as we can. We will also comply with any state specific mandates.

• If you pay monthly, or will be paying your bill in full within the next 60 days: You will receive a statement credit on an upcoming bill. We expect credits for April to be applied no later than May 18, and appear on the next billing statement as “COVID-19: 25% one month premium adjustment”.
  • If you pay your bill in full and last paid by credit, debit or electronic funds transfer: You will receive a refund electronically back to the method you paid with. We expect refunds to be applied by May 22.
  • If you pay your bill in full and paid by cash or check: You will receive a refund by check. We expect you should receive it by the first week of June.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@gramgrandkids1 wrote:
Allstate told me about rebate. It sounds good on the TV commercials but I knew we would not get much.

15% of what you pay a month. i guess better than nothing... with how much they make and how my rates go up,  you'd think it would be alot more