Honored Contributor

Re: Instead of using.....

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

Paper napkins another option.  Walmart has Bounty 600 pack available.  

@Foxxee, out of stock.

I am so sick of seeing those three words.

I did buy a large pack of napkins at Home Depot and am expecting delivery soon. I also bought lots of Kleenex and a couple liquid hand soap -- receive free shipping.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Using bar towels...That's what we have been doing. Hub said we were going thru too many rolls of paper towels. We now reach for a fresh bar towel instead. I have so many and do several loads of laundry everyday for my family anyways. So this is working for us!

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Looked before I posted.  Didn't say "out of stock."

Honored Contributor

I buy Simulinen guest towels I use them for everything.  I use one in my bathroom downstairs where I wash ands all day.  I take one dr hands all day and dump it.  But I agree wash towels and use your own.  More economical...certainly in these times.  Now a days it is not just cost, it is going out to get more. That is if you can even find them

Respected Contributor

About a month or so ago, was checking out cleaning supplies in my laundry room and ran across a whole pile of never used Shamwow towels. 

DH said to throw them out.

This is why I regularly don't listen to him...Woman Tongue 

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb 

I use Shamwow towels all the time.  Great for things that have to be dried flat .... roll in the towel to remove excess moisture ... things dry quicker.

Great to dry hair ... 

One hanging on a hook in the kitchen for spills.   

Amazon sells them - if anyone needs to buy some.  Wouldn't be without them.

------------------

@denisemb wrote:

About a month or so ago, was checking out cleaning supplies in my laundry room and ran across a whole pile of never used Shamwow towels. 

DH said to throw them out.

This is why I regularly don't listen to him...Woman Tongue 

Valued Contributor

I don't use paper towels in the kitchen often. I use a microfiber towel to clean countertops and those go into the wash. I use hand towels otherwise and those go into the wash often as well. i swap them out with fresh towels daily or more often if I'm preparing meals.  I use paper towels, but sparingly. 

My favorite kitchen towels are the Williams Sonoma ones which I pick up whenever they have a clearance sale.