Honored Contributor

Instant stress buster

[ Edited ]

"just" some kittens in mohawk hairstyle and farm animal hats   ;-)

it was a very quick photo shoot for Instagram

they're siblings at a non-profit all-volunteer kitten rescue I support in Woodbury, NJ

the black one is very sweet but he was squirmy and vocal at this time, LOL

check out their enjoyable live cams here:
Honored Contributor

Re: Instant stress buster

[ Edited ]

It amazes me that anyone could get a cat to wear those hats!  I put a birthday hat on a cat I had for his 1st birthday and had to subdue him by holding him with my arms controlling his legs.  Got the picture but also got scratched when I let him go!  I wished I could find it to post.  The look on his face says it all! 

Honored Contributor

Adorable but I agree-how does anyone manage to dress a cat.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

BTW, those kittens adore the people with them and have known them since birth.  8-)

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

BTW, those kittens adore the people with them and have known them since birth.  8-)

@feline groovy 

That would have to be the case.   I can get a new collar on my Bogey when he needs one .... but I wait until he's just had his nails clipped.  I wouldn't push it with hats and costumes.  Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Laughing kitty! | Cats, Smiling animals, Funny animals

My sister had a Tabby cat named Padme (named after the Star Wars chararacter) She loved to wear hats....My cats won't even wear a decorative holiday collar.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@feline groovy 

My most cherished and beloved baby Shadow was euthanized on the 8th.

He was about 12 I surmise. A vet came to the house and it was very peaceful, but no less a wreckage of emotions.

I took him from my neglectful sh*tty neighbor so I guesstimate his age. He was the absolute light in my eyes and beat in my heart. 

To say I miss him is not even close to my reality.  

When I can finally welcome a new light to my eyes and a new beat to my heart, I will go to Jersey to this shelter. (I'm in Philly) I'll save two lives - a kitten's and mine. 

This thred was just what I needed to see today. I guess Shadow pointed it out to me.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@feline groovy 

My most cherished and beloved baby Shadow was euthanized on the 8th.

He was about 12 I surmise. A vet came to the house and it was very peaceful, but no less a wreckage of emotions.

I took him from my neglectful sh*tty neighbor so I guesstimate his age. He was the absolute light in my eyes and beat in my heart. 

To say I miss him is not even close to my reality.  

When I can finally welcome a new light to my eyes and a new beat to my heart, I will go to Jersey to this shelter. (I'm in Philly) I'll save two lives - a kitten's and mine. 

This thred was just what I needed to see today. I guess Shadow pointed it out to me.

Thank you.

@MoonieBaby   I'm very sorry for your loss.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

Thank you, as a furmom, I know you are well aware of the agony of this 'kind' of pain.

I keep reminding myself of his best self to keep smiling, it's not easy, but I can't just melt into a puddle and get shop-vac'd off the floor for goodness sake!

I have to keep moving foreward.

Honored Contributor

Re: Instant stress buster

[ Edited ]

@MoonieBaby :   sympathies and hugs to you. Heart

---

I know of a wonderful kitten rescue in Woodbury, NJ - about 25 minutes from you.  It's called KitKat Playroom.

They currently have kittens going to their forever homes this week.

But they also have a whole bunch of babies who are very young and will eventually be up for adoption, along with their lovely mamas.

For more info and to check this family out, just go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDlWfjhRG14

Future adopters fall in love with KKP"s kittens and cats pretty fast, so if and when you 'just know' who's meant to be yours just contact them.