Esteemed Contributor

Re: Instant Coffee or Brewed Coffee?

@BirdieGal wrote:

@Irshgrl31201

Cold brew is so good! It get so hot in the summer up here and often I just can’t drink a hot coffee. I love to sip a nice cold brew with a little sweet and almond milk. 

Today it it is so cold here. I am having a sugar free caramel apple cider. In keeping with the fall theme!

Sugar free caramel apple cider sounds so good @BirdieGal. I went to Target earlier today and I was so surprised to find the apple cider from the town I grew up in, in NY. It is my absolute favorite and I normally have a friend send it to me so I was so happy to see it here. I probably looked a little nuts in Target when I saw it because I did a little jump and then clapped my hands. lol. errr..... I think I am going to heat some up right now with a cinnamon stick. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I don't drink coffe every day, but when I do, it's brewed. My favorite is percolated coffee, but you don't see them around anymore. Bought one from the Q a few years ago, but it broke, so went back to brewed.

Honored Contributor

I only drink one cup of coffee a day and that's in the morning while I read the paper and do the crossword puzzle.  I use my single-serve Keurig and usually use medium or dark roast pods.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

I don't drink coffe every day, but when I do, it's brewed. My favorite is percolated coffee, but you don't see them around anymore. Bought one from the Q a few years ago, but it broke, so went back to brewed.

Before buying a French Press, I tried many different options. I got really tired of the $100.00 + Cuisinart coffee makers dying in a year or 2 (MAX). The last type I tried was a percolator, remembering the days of my childhood. It was a Farberware, & what a piece of junk!! After that, I bought a $30.00 glass French Press. It was fine, but not the best quality.

Then....after that...I broke down & purchased a Frieling stainless press from Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% coupon off. It was a $100.00 item before the coupon. But I'm fine with that because I don't need to constantly replace it, + it makes excellent coffee. Heart

Btw, I only have 1 cup of morning coffee, too...but it's a 22 oz. beautiful BIG mug....Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

None of the above.

We make Melitta drip coffee, and have for decades.  We get small ground coffee or grind it ourselves, place the Melitta cone over a mug with a paper coffee filter inside, add coffee, pour hot water over the coffee, done in about a minute, fresh as can be.

We use a small coffee roaster business not far from where we live, and often I experiment with other brands for fun.

coffee

Honored Contributor

Coffee is not important to me.  I'm perfectly happy with a cup of Folger's Instant or nothing at all.  Today I've had no coffee.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Instant coffee is fine for me.  I enjoy brewed when at a restaurant or someone's home; it definitely is better than instant.  But not so much better that I'll spend more for it.  Further, instant is so convenient - love that part.

Honored Contributor

My husband makes the best coffee, he uses a Kitchen Aid drip coffee maker and whatever coffee we pick up on sale.His coffee is so good it spoils us for anything else.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

None of the above.

We make Melitta drip coffee, and have for decades.  We get small ground coffee or grind it ourselves, place the Melitta cone over a mug with a paper coffee filter inside, add coffee, pour hot water over the coffee, done in about a minute, fresh as can be.

We use a small coffee roaster business not far from where we live, and often I experiment with other brands for fun.

coffee

That would be perfect for my mom who only drinks about a cup a day @Noel7. She loves my husbands coffee maker but if he isn't home and she is here, I honestly don't know how to work the thing. She will be moving in shortly so I guess it is time I take a class from my husband on how to use this beast.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I love the taste of fresh coffee. My Keurig makes the perfect cup.I prefer dark roasts. ☕️