Honored Contributor

Re: Instacart delivered my eggs

@songbird wrote:

@Zaimee  @wildcat fan You get free delivery if you join Instacart Express.  It's $99.00 a year or there is a monthly fee (under $10.00).  Ipaid the yearly.  Mine is free delivery for a year.  

I signed up today for Instacart Express as well.  I've had 3 Instacart deliveries in the past few weeks and really pleased with each one, so figured I'd save $$$ with the yearly membership.  (and yes - our Instacart shopper found eggs at Wegmans - there is a shortage here).  I got 2 dozen, it made my day.

Honored Contributor

Hooray! I'm glad you got your eggs and paper towels.

We have been ordering grocery deliveries from Kroger and have gotten everything we wanted, with a few acceptable substitutions. The only items we've had to go into the store for have been basic paper products.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@songbird I used Instacart for the first time yesterday.  I'm in PA and placed an order for my mom in south Fl.  Once I got the order placed, it only took 2 1/2 hours for it to arrive to her front door!  She was very pleased!

I guess we got lucky since I keep hearing about some having to wait days or weeks even for a delivery slot to open up.

Honored Contributor

Just had my 2nd instacart delivery, wiped down and put away.

The only things I need is fresh, organic produce.

So I'm at the mercy of whoever picks it out for me.

Friday's delivery was disgusting.  Threw the celery out as soon as I unbagged it.  The mushrooms smelled rotten, threw them out, too.  

She said the date on the coconut milk was later in the month, it's not....wouldn't have gotten that to use so quickly.

Tomatoes, peppers---all soft and wrinkly.  Cucumbers had mushy ends.

I guess it's the store she shopped at that surprised me the most.  Supposed to be a really good store, I'd never shopped there as it just opened.  Will never walk in there, if they have that bad of and offering.  Never!

But the guy that just delivered my groceries now, he was awesome.  All fresh and firm, milk is good until June 26th!  Gave him an *excellent* for a review.  Wish I could get him every time.  

I did tell him exactly what I wanted and how I wanted it on the delivery section.  Only place I saw where to comment.  And he followed through.  

If I were shopping for someone, I would check dates, firmness, freshness, color, etc...Why would I just pick something gross and bag it for a customer?  I wouldn't!

Trusted Contributor

I've been very lucky with Shipt and Instacart. I put little messages by my dairy and produce, asking them to check dates and for instance, if I want to make guacamole, to get very ripe avocados. I have to order 98% fat-free turkey (for my dog) and ask that there are no subs on that. For the most part, the shoppers choose my groceries as if they're picking their own. I get free delivery from both services and tip $15 each time whether I get 5 items or 15.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wishmoon wrote:

I've been very lucky with Shipt and Instacart. I put little messages by my dairy and produce, asking them to check dates and for instance, if I want to make guacamole, to get very ripe avocados. I have to order 98% fat-free turkey (for my dog) and ask that there are no subs on that. For the most part, the shoppers choose my groceries as if they're picking their own. I get free delivery from both services and tip $15 each time whether I get 5 items or 15.

Haen't tried Shipt.  One reason my Instacart was so successful is that one of my stores is Wegmans.  That's a huge, wildly popular store.  But somehow I can get more stuff out of them then a much smaller supermarket like Giant.  You get better luck with the large supermarket vs the small local one.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@Zaimee  @wildcat fan You get free delivery if you join Instacart Express.  It's $99.00 a year or there is a monthly fee (under $10.00).  Ipaid the yearly.  Mine is free delivery for a year.  

I signed up today for Instacart Express as well.  I've had 3 Instacart deliveries in the past few weeks and really pleased with each one, so figured I'd save $$$ with the yearly membership.  (and yes - our Instacart shopper found eggs at Wegmans - there is a shortage here).  I got 2 dozen, it made my day.

Best find of the year....Instacart!!!!

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

I drew the stores with Shipt for my area.  The only big one is Lidl.  They do have Target, the rest small ones.  Including Weis wich has been a disaster for getting any basics. I've already read posts about that store.  My bad experience was with Weis.  They also have a Safeway, which I have't shopped in years.  I think I'll stay with Instacart.