Honored Contributor

Finally!  First time in a month and a half.  I actually got eggs.  First time as free delivery too!  I really like Instacart now!  Ordered 7:00AM this morning and arrived by 1:00PM.  Got most of what I wanted.  Didn't mind the replacements.  Almost got the bags blown away.  Very heavy winds right now.  ''And wonders of all wonders.....Paper Towels.  Wegmans owns these towels.  They look good.

Valued Contributor

Re: Instacart delivered my eggs

[ Edited ]

Got my first instacart today, too.  Did not get free shipping....no code would work. Some substitution.... like matzah, but it wasn't for Passover! Oh, well. Also, minuscule sweet potatoes. Guess that's why they were only 11 cents!
Took me three hours to complete my shopping list of 13 items with explanations and subs added. And one hour online message  with shopper. Arrived in a timely manner.

Overall, I would rather shop myself, but good alternative for these trying times.

Will use again.

Fort Lauderdale area.

Esteemed Contributor

It's great you were able to get what you wanted/needed.  😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zaimee  @wildcat fan You get free delivery if you join Instacart Express.  It's $99.00 a year or there is a monthly fee (under $10.00).  Ipaid the yearly.  Mine is free delivery for a year.  

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Zaimee  @wildcat fan You get free delivery if you join Instacart Express.  It's $99.00 a year or there is a monthly fee (under $10.00).  Ipaid the yearly.  Mine is free delivery for a year.  

I really appreciate your sharing your experiences @songbird.  I've never used Instacart but have read about it here in the forums.  I just went online and entered my parents' zip code on their website and learned Instacart is available where they live.  It looks like they would get the groceries from Kroger which is where my mom shops most of the time anyway.  I really wanted to go visit them this week while I'm off from work, but I felt it wouldn't be a good idea.  My sister has still been working and going shopping for her family and for my parents, and I've wished there was something I could do to help.  I think I'm going to call my mom this afternoon and see what she needs/wants from the store and try to order it through Instacart.  My parents are in their late 70s.  Even before COVID-19, my mom has had some struggles going to the grocery with parking and just getting things in and out of the store and into the house.  I'm so glad you posted.  ❤️

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan  I'm so glad!  This thing (virus) is not really going away.  Come fall, it might come back and there is no vaccine.  So Instacart helps so much.  I had one very bad experience in a supermarket.  The police were there ,,,,packed with people.  Shelves stripped bare.  I've had food delivery for the past 2 years.  Ashamed about Amazon Fresh.  They were great and it was free delivery.  But now I no longer have access, because a million people found out about them. So I had to turn to Instacart.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird  Thank you for the clarification. There were coupons online for $10 off but none of the codes worked. It was worth the $3.95.

@wildcat fan  There are other charges, too for heavy items and a 5% tip. I figured this is like eating in a restaurant so increased tip to that %. Think this is great for your parents. Much safer for those over 65, or everyone. My cousin is a shopper for SHIPT. She is making $$$$ but it is a risk. I didn't feel right  asking her to shop for me and you cannot  request a shopper. Hope you have a positive experience.

Respected Contributor

@songbird 

Is there an egg shortage where you live? Must only be in certain parts of the country. 

Respected Contributor

@deeva wrote:

@songbird 

Is there an egg shortage where you live? Must only be in certain parts of the country. 

There's an everything shortage in some parts of the country.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

@songbird 

I some places there is.  This shpment of eggs was my first in nearly 2 months.