Respected Contributor

Re: Instacart - Sam's Club or Costco?

Thanks everyone.

I've recently used Instacart for 2 local grocery stores (Publix and Aldi) and am pleased with the results.

Had a membership at Sam's Club for years, but let it lapse awhile back.  (No Costo's near me, so it's not offered)

I tend to agree with @Love my grandkids on principle, but there's nothing on Instacart to answer this question and was curious.

ETA:  Thanks for your 2nd response @Love my grandkids !

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb I posted here and a new thread about my call to my local Costco. Per the warehouse manager, a membership is required to use Instacart.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@denisemb I posted here and a new thread about my call to my local Costco. Per the warehouse manager, a membership is required to use Instacart.

OK, either Sam's Club has a different policy, Jennifer from Instacart is wrong, or I'm just confused...

Did a live chat with Jennifer at Instacart:

Me:  To order from Sam's Club through Instacart, do I need a membership with Sam's Club?

Jennifer:  To process order from Instacart website. It does not necessary that you need to have membership from a specific store. However if you do have one it will give you option to add the membership upon checking out.

Me: So I would just leave that blank?

Jennifer:  Yes.

Guess I'll just have to try it and see if it works...

Denise
Respected Contributor

OK, can't let this go...LOL

From Sam's Club website:

Instacart Home Delivery with Sam's Club

Sam's Club is partnering with Instacart to offer same-day delivery of Groceries and Everyday Essentials.

By March 2019, all Sam's Club locations (except in Puerto Rico) will offer Instacart delivery services. Just visit SamsClub.com/instacart to fill your virtual cart with all your favorite items—from produce, meat, and frozen foods to everyday essentials including exclusive, premium-quality Member's Mark products and small appliances—and have them delivered straight to their doorstep by Instacart, in as little as an hour.

Instacart customers will have the option to shop local Sam's Clubs without a membership, giving them access to Sam's Club's signature savings and bulk shopping options, paired with the convenience of same-day delivery. Sam's Club Members will simply save their membership number in the loyalty card section to receive membership rewards (Sam's Club Master Card, 1% cash back) and lower, member-only pricing on items.

Denise
Honored Contributor

I just went back to Costco Instacart and almost everything I wanted was available, still no TP, but I won't know until the items arrive tomorrow if I get everything.