Honored Contributor

Re: Instacart Express questions

@Mindy D 

I haven’t used it yet but I tried to check it out on the Publix app. The only foods listed were meals and junk I had no interest in. I’ll check it out on

a different device later. I hope they give the option to buy real food.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Some stores charge more for their items than they do in the store. It will usually say when you go to that store within the app. Publix is one of them. It's the price of doing business. 

Honored Contributor

@judy0330 wrote:

@Mindy D    I haven't done it but found this online:

Switching between stores

In the app—

1. Tap the Store name at the top of the screen to see a list of available stores for your location.
  2. Tap the store name for the store you’d like to shop. You’ll arrive at the store’s landing page.
  3. Browse, search, and add items to your cart.

On a computer—

1. Click Store at the top left of the page to see a list of available stores for your location.
  2. Click the name of the store you’d like to shop. You’ll arrive at the store’s landing page.
  3. Browse, search, and add items to your cart.

Ordering from multiple stores

If you add items from multiple stores to your cart, you’ll see items in your cart grouped by store. This creates a multiple delivery order, with separate shoppers and delivery windows for each store. You can add separate ratings and tips for each shopper for the separate deliveries.

• Separate delivery fees and minimums apply for each store.
  • Any free delivery promos or credits require a $35 minimum per delivery. This minimum also applies for Instacart Express members.

@judy0330 A big thank for this. I didn't see this when I was looking for it.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Some stores charge more for their items than they do in the store. It will usually say when you go to that store within the app. Publix is one of them. It's the price of doing business. 

@GenXmuse @I know the item prices are higher with Instacart through Publix. I just wasn't sure if the price increase was the same if you buy through Instacart Express site. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SilleeMee 

If you go to Instacart.com and put in your zip code it should tell you what they do in your location regardeing fees and charges.....

@Spurt 

Exactly what I noticed when I signed in there. Looks like it goes by your location for service fee charges. I suspect it might have something to do with bags or boxes used to deliver goods. In my state bags and boxes used to pack items are taxed as 'sales tax' when you order stuff online. But food is not taxed so instead fees are added.

@SilleeMee 

That makes sense...it depends on taxes and contracts affiliated with your location....Sometimes they use these green insulated bags for your frozen items too, sometimes its just the regular grocery bags...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse @I know the item prices are higher with Instacart through Publix. I just wasn't sure if the price increase was the same if you buy through Instacart Express site. 

@Mindy D 

We have a problem with our grocery store chain, HEB, they charge different prices for the goods depending upon whether they have competition in the area or not (its crazy)....so since Instacart uses stores in different locations with different prices for us its the average price...normally its the same for the store where I normally shop, a few are slightly higher but not much....It just depends on your grocery store chain and their contract with instacart....they do offer some onsite coupons too and Ive save a lot with those ....$2 off laundry soap and $2 off toothpaste, $2 off cascade dishwasher pods....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”