Honored Contributor

Inspiring 'Sky' Message......

"WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS."

That's the writing on the wall -- or sky, in this case -- over West Hollywood ... an inspirational reminder as we all try to endure the coronavirus pandemic.

The skywriting appeared Friday afternoon as the plane spelled out the simple and uplifting sentence as Californians end their second full week under "safer at home" orders.

L..A. Mayor Eric Garretti is now requiring all residents to wear non-medical grade masks while out in public. NYC is doing the same. Strange and scary times, for sure ... but clearly, someone wanted to remind the masses this too shall pass.

Shoutout to whoever paid for the skywriting and the pilot who did it. Keep it coming!!!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Inspiring 'Sky' Message......

@KingstonsMom 

In Kentucky, the Governor addresses us every day at 5 p.m. with updates and information we need.

At the beginning of each briefing he asks us all to say (together!), "We Will Get Through This, We Will Get through this Together:".  He asks us all to say this, out loud, a few times before he begins the information part of the briefing.

It seemed kind of hokey to me at first, but now I do it.  It really helps, at the end of a day when we all might be feeling very stressed and overwhelmed, to do this.  

I love my Mr. Rogers governor, Andy Beshear.  And I'm a born and raised cynical New Yorker.

Trusted Contributor

That took at least 5 planes to accomplish that skywriting message and it is terrific. Inspiring and unique.

In NYC it is not required that we wear any face masks, but it is strongly suggested (so far; it may be required soon, though). There is big empahsis that it not be a mask of the type needed for medical workers. I made one out of a bandanna  had left over, perhaps from my cowgirl time of life (or why I own a bandanna, I'll never remember).

There is no way I'll ever take a selfie of me dressed for a safe foray outdoors, but I am completely compliant. Fear is a good motivator. Also, I consider it's part of good citizenship.

Everyone, stay safe and healthy.

Trusted Contributor

Truly inspirational and very comforting!!  Thanks for sharing!