Respected Contributor

Re: Inspiring Act of Kindness In These Times

Wow, that lady is kind and has a killer physique!  Beautiful story.

I love it when people post cool stuff like this!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I love that story, sadly I would be more reluctant to hand a stranger my money than to go in the store. 

@QVCkitty1 

Maybe not, if you thought your life depended on it, that's why they waited for 45 minutes to find what they felt would be the 'right' person to ask.

You can often tell a kind person by the kind look on their face (vs. a scowl), their body language and their demeanor.

If they had chosen wrong, what's worse.....losing $100 or losing your life (in their minds)?

Luckily those chose right.Heart

Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad it worked out for them, I'm not very trusting.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

On my next door neighbor website in my city people are posting that they want to offer to help any of the elderly that don't want to go out. Some have even offered toilet paper since the stores are sold out.

I have someone going to the pharmacy for me on Monday to pick up a med for me. They will drop it off on the porch. 

Many have stepped up to help. ☼

@luvmyteddy4 

That's AWESOME to hear!Heart

I hope more Americans will come together and try to help those that are most susceptible instead of beating each other up like a pack of heathens over supplies.

Glad somebody stepped up for you @luvmyteddy4 , try to stay healthy!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@judy0330 wrote:

There are so many posts on our local Facebook forum from people offering to do anything people need (for free.)   Shop -- errands -- transportation -- etc.  The offers are both for the elderly and for anybody who is afraid to or cannot go out.

___

I'm not on FB, but the people are extending their kindness like you mentioned on Nextdoor in my neighborhood.

Honored Contributor

@judy0330 wrote:

There are so many posts on our local Facebook forum from people offering to do anything people need (for free.)   Shop -- errands -- transportation -- etc.  The offers are both for the elderly and for anybody who is afraid to or cannot go out.

@judy0330 

Kudos to your community too!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@jpie 

So great to see neighbors come together in times of need!Heart

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I love that story, sadly I would be more reluctant to hand a stranger my money than to go in the store. 

@QVCkitty1  Isn't it sad that in and among a lot of inspirational stories that scammers are now doubling down on their efforts and you have to feel this way.  Our over 55 community has a list of volunteers living here that will do simple things for neighbors.  Grocery shopping has been on the list, cooking for sick neighbors, etc.  Men also are on the list to do simpler things - they have offered to clean ppls gutters or fix mailboxes, etc.   

I joined a long time ago but to the best of my knowledge no one has ever approached or asked for help for that type effort as far as I know.  From what I have seen most ppl form relationships among their nearby neighbors.  

During this time I'm wondering if stores that deliver groceries are able to keep up with the demand.  I've never used that service bc I'm single and feel the need to get out of the house a few times a week so I don't get cabin fever. 

Honored Contributor

I took my mother out to grocery shop this morning.  The cashier looked exhausted and was slow.  I asked if she minded if I did the bagging for her.  She was grateful as were the other people in line.  This is a stupid little thing but jump in where you can even if part of it is to selfishly get yourself out the door faster.  It all helps.  

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

She was interviewed on CNN yesterday.  That's such a great story.  

@NickNack 

Many people, including myself, don't watch CNN or other news channels, especially right now.

@KingstonsMom   I understand that completely.  I wasn't criticizing you for posting it by telling you I had seen her interviewed.  I'm sure the article was new to most people.  I just happened to see the interview.

@NickNack 

I know you weren't sweet lady, I just wanted to explain why I posted something that's apparently been in TV news.

I never watch TV news, I go to the Internet, where I can pick and choose which articles I want to read on news and other sites.

Much love!Heart

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I took my mother out to grocery shop this morning.  The cashier looked exhausted and was slow.  I asked if she minded if I did the bagging for her.  She was grateful as were the other people in line.  This is a stupid little thing but jump in where you can even if part of it is to selfishly get yourself out the door faster.  It all helps.  

@Laura14 

Many stores are now open shorter hours, to give staff a chance to recoup, clean the stores and restock the shelves.

Publix announced that ALL of their stores will now close at 8PM.

Loss of profit for them, but nice to do for their employees and communities.