Respected Contributor

Re: Inspirational perpetual calendar?

@Natasha218 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

How is that even possible when the dates fall on different days every year???  8/3 doesn't fall on a Thursday every year and then there's 2/29...which only comes every 4 years.  

LOL, they don't say "Thursday, 8/3"...they just say "8/3."  There *is* one of those every year Smiley Tongue  They may include a leap-day entry or not; it can easily be skipped in the years the date doesn't exist.

I guess it seemed odd to me because in my 57 years have I never looked at a calendar when I did not want to know the day.  I don't think I've ever cared if it was 8/3....I want to know that it's Thursday 8/3.  

Right there with you, I don't think they make calendars that only give the date.  I think if you want to know the date, you also want to know the day.  I would think.  

Well they do, and they have for a long time...I can't believe there are that many people struggling to keep track of the day of the week (unless they don't work/aren't in school so it doesn't matter).  When I'm dating something, I don't have to know it's Monday...just the day/month/year. Oh, but that's another failing of perpetual calendars, I suppose. How are you supposed to know what year it is?!  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know this isn't what you want , but if you want a perpetual calendar which includes the date matching with the actual day (8/3 is a Thursday, for example), you only need 14 different calendars.  January 1 could fall on a S,M,T,W,Th.,F, or Sat. and then you need 7 different calendars for a leap year.  Only one of these calendars would be used for the year, not all 14 at once. LOL

Super Contributor

When I started this thread it seems like I should have said that the emphasis was on reading inspirational or thoughtful things each day.  My phone gives me the day and date at a glance.  This is more about starting the day, or throughout the day, taking a few moments to to think good thoughts.

I enjoy a thankful app on my phone where I jot down things or people or thoughts about whatever I am grateful for that day.  Some days I add pictures!  It is an uplifting thing to do.

I thought a perpetual calendar within view would also result in positive thoughts.

Super Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

What about a free document that you can cut into strips, place in a jar, and take one out each day?

@namaste000

http://inspiremetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/365DailyQuotes.pdf

Just got enough time to look through these quotes - they are wonderful!

I will definitelybe making use of this list - thanks!