Trusted Contributor

Inspiration from music is so helpful!

I have found myself so helped and inspired by music more than ever.

Here is a favorite of a well-loved musical classic which I love!!

https://youtu.be/va9jOsCXgc4 

I Dreamed A Dream - Ramin Karimloo

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 11.01.37 AM.png

Enjoy!

HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Re: Inspiration from music is so helpful!

[ Edited ]

@JasoninBoston -I think I still love Susan Boyle's first audition the very best. Even though I watched after Ramin's the best interludes of I Dreamed a Dream. Ramin was included. Most liked Lea Solange for voice the best and Anne Hathaway for emotion.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@JasoninBoston -I think I still love Susan Boyle's first augition the very best. Even though I watched after yours the best interludes of I Dreamed a Dream. Ramin was included. Most liked Lea Solange for voice the best and Anne Hathaway for emotion.

@on the bay 

I do also love Susan's performances as well as the others you mention.

This is exactly what I love about YouTube is how many of these wonderful opportunities to relive these great moments we now have!!

I can spend hours exploring and listening there!

Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston   Dear JasoninBoston,  I too go online to seek out specific music that has meaning in my life.  Some songs bring youthful and happy memories of times gone by.  Some bring youthful and sad memories of lost love, also in times gone by.  For me, they are poems meant to move our emotions, in musical form.  Music is very powerful isn't it.  Love, SC

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

@JasoninBoston   Dear JasoninBoston,  I too go online to seek out specific music that has meaning in my life.  Some songs bring youthful and happy memories of times gone by.  Some bring youthful and sad memories of lost love, also in times gone by.  For me, they are poems meant to move our emotions, in musical form.  Music is very powerful isn't it.  Love, SC

@Sweet Caroline 1 

How lovely!  Thank you.

There is a quote I really like the sums up how I feel:

"We turn to song when words alone are not enough"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JasoninBoston   I want to take a minute here (more like a few minutes lol) to thank you for this thread. 

Music is alive and well in the Cakers' household.

I and some others have always wanted a music forum here; I doubt it will ever happen.

Being a native of MA, I identify with your posts regarding Boston; and I have fond memories of Fenway, Faneuil Hall, The "Chowdah" House; so many things but especially the heritage that just permeates everywhere.

Thank you for being a bright spot around here. 

I will say that there are so many fantastic indie artists out there and it is good to learn about new ones. 

Woman Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

Yes, having no musical talent at all, I think I appreciate it all the more in others.  I love hearing new music, and "new to me" music. 

And it doesn't have to be happy or uplifting to be moving or inspirational either.  I recently heard a beautiful mournful little known song by a songwriter from the past newly sung by opera singer, Julia Bullock with her husband on piano, in quarantine in her home.  So poignant.

One by One by Connie Converse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVDAAsWnT0Q

Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing that beautiful voice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JasoninBoston -

I can tooSmiley Happy

(listen for hours-just one more!Woman LOL)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

One of the most amazing experiences of my life was to participate in a staged performance of this show with an extraordinary cast of people of all ages.

I love this score dearly