Esteemed Contributor

Hey there Redheadsmileys-waving-170093.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Readhead, tell us a little about yourself? We already know are a fellow sufferer of some chronic illnesses, as do the rest of us. 

Do you have any pets? kids?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

betteb wrote:

How old is it Kittymom? The one I got is brand new, I'ts about the size of a fairly large clock radio and it's very, very quiet.

It's probably at least six years old, maybe more.  It's the size of a fairly large shoe box, and the mask goes over my nose and mouth, with the "headgear" straps and that big hose.  I have a tendency sometimes to yawn a lot as I'm going to sleep, and boy, when you yawn and that air is blowing in your nose at the same time, you definitely won't go to sleep!  I wound up taking it off and would wake up in the morning with it on the pillow beside me!  I know they've got more choices now... but they told me if I wanted to try something else I'd have to have another sleep study.  And I'm not ready for that! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Insomniacs Inc.

[ Edited ]

@betteb wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@betteb wrote:

LOL Feline, The only thing I'm hatin' tonight is how I've gotten my days and nights mixed up, only I don't really sleep during the day, just doze.

Did you check in on the new litter yet? Smiley Happy

Yep... lotsa of teeny squee-iness, plus lotsa luv.  8)

Yes and poor Sisko, still lots and lots of waiting (sigh)

OMG ! This is me as well ! I am constantly vacillating between these things and am currently just beginning a phase where I want to sleep some in the afternoon, and later am awake for a long time of wakefulness. About the time I get a groove going in one phase, it switches into the other and vice versa ! I've been dealing with this most of my adult life now. I've had incredible testing done over the years but that doesn't improve my situation. However, I was diagnosed with a syndrome  called "DSD, which is short for "Displaced Sleep Disorder" that has been around for decades but doesn't have a lot of helpful solutions. I can go days without any sleep and then sleep for about 2 hours over a period of 3-4 days or less and I am DONE with everything by early evening so I can be happy with my family.

I look forward to coming here to establish our relationships and participate in the "alternate" forum 

conversations, concepts, etc.

Thanks again for beginning this thread !  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Insomniacs Inc.

[ Edited ]

@kittymomNC wrote:

@betteb wrote:

How old is it Kittymom? The one I got is brand new, I'ts about the size of a fairly large clock radio and it's very, very quiet.

It's probably at least six years old, maybe more.  It's the size of a fairly large shoe box, and the mask goes over my nose and mouth, with the "headgear" straps and that big hose.  I have a tendency sometimes to yawn a lot as I'm going to sleep, and boy, when you yawn and that air is blowing in your nose at the same time, you definitely won't go to sleep!  I wound up taking it off and would wake up in the morning with it on the pillow beside me!  I know they've got more choices now... but they told me if I wanted to try something else I'd have to have another sleep study.  And I'm not ready for that! 

You need a new one. This one actually starts out at a low pressure and senses when you fall asleep and gradually increase the pressure up to whatever your number is.

Esteemed Contributor

Redhead, I do that same thing. I never knew it had a name.

Esteemed Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

@betteb wrote:

I know they've got more choices now... but they told me if I wanted to try something else I'd have to have another sleep study.  And I'm not ready for that! 

You need a new one. This one actually starts out at a low pressure and senses when you fall asleep and gradually increase the pressure up to whatever your number is.

I don't know if anything will work unless I find something to clear my nose at night... I need to talk to my dr about a new steroid nasal spray and see if that would help.  I have a bone spur on the septum on one side and that's part of the problem.  Oh well...   

Esteemed Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

@betteb wrote:

I know they've got more choices now... but they told me if I wanted to try something else I'd have to have another sleep study.  And I'm not ready for that! 

I don't know if anything will work unless I find something to clear my nose at night... I need to talk to my dr about a new steroid nasal spray and see if that would help.  I have a bone spur on the septum on one side and that's part of the problem.  Oh well...   

Oh gosh, no nose spray will help a bone spur, but have you tried Breathe Right Strips? They physically hold the nose open.

Not trying to be pushy, but untreated sleep apnea is hard on your heart. I wouldn't feel like I was a very good friend if I didn't share that with you. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Ladies of the Insomniacs Club, it's been great, but my Missie is going to make sure I'm awake by 8:30 and that's only a few hours away.  I think maybe she still misses my little Baby Cat and doesn't understand why she's not in the kitchen in the morning.  She comes in and gets on the bed, then goes back in the kitchen and sits there and cries until I get up and get in there.  Baby Cat was always sitting on the bar in the morning waiting for me... guess I better stop talking about that now or I'll be crying like a baby... 

So good night all.. hope you get some sleep.  I'll be interested to see what time the last post is on this thread when I check it out in the morning! 

Esteemed Contributor

Night KittymomHeart