Esteemed Contributor

Kittymom my BIL is coming this weekend to help me move some furniture around a bit. I have to do that to get it in the right place. 

Pssst(wisper) I'm secretly glad because I'm not looking forward to trying to sleep with it embarrassed-smiley-face.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

It is hot here too in California.  More like Florida the last few days, hot and steamy wet outside, yuck!  With the drought , it is hard!  The ocean beeze disappeared the last 2 nights, so warm at night.  Tonight it is cooler, hopefully it will help

Hi shoekittysmileys-waving-170093.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

betteb wrote:

Kittymom my BIL is coming this weekend to help me move some furniture around a bit. I have to do that to get it in the right place. 

Pssst(wisper) I'm secretly glad because I'm not looking forward to trying to sleep with it embarrassed-smiley-face.gif

I know exactly what you mean!  I was diagnosed about five or six years ago, and fitted with the CPAP, but my nose gets so stuffed up at night, they wouldn't be able to turn the pressure up high enough for it to go through - it might blow my head off!  So I only used it for a short while.  Mine is actually more "hypopnea" than "apnea"... not sure if you're familiar with that.  I don't completely stop breathing each time, most of the time they said I "wake up gasping for breath"... sometimes I want to tell them to show me the film of me doing that because it's hard for me to believe... it was in the severe range of over 30 times an hour for hypopnea.  

It mostly happens if I'm on my back, so I keep a pillow at my back and it makes it harder for me to turn over.  Some people use a tee shirt with a pocket and sew a tennis ball in the pocket, then sleep with it on backwards.  If they turn over on their back, the tennis ball makes them get back on their side.  I haven't tried that yet!  I guess I really need another sleep study, but I'm wired enough these days without all those wires stuck on me! But from reading what all you girls have said, it sounds like there might be new apparatus that would be easier than the one I have.  

Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

LOL Feline, The only thing I'm hatin' tonight is how I've gotten my days and nights mixed up, only I don't really sleep during the day, just doze.

Did you check in on the new litter yet? Smiley Happy

Yep... lotsa of teeny squee-iness, plus lotsa luv.  8)

Trusted Contributor

Well "hello" ladies,

I'm quite surprised but pleased that this thread is here now. I knew I couldn't be the only one, especially when lurking around here all night and at odd hours! I'm surprised but happy to see some very popular names here from consistent posters. Sorry you have to deal with many things that I do as well concerning sleep patterns.

This Forum has saved me many times when suffering from lack of sleep or the chronic  side effects of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome  and other serious health problems. I look forward to getting  to know all of you better and posting here.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

It is hot here too in California.  More like Florida the last few days, hot and steamy wet outside, yuck!  With the drought , it is hard!  The ocean beeze disappeared the last 2 nights, so warm at night.  Tonight it is cooler, hopefully it will help

Hey shoekitty - I LOVE the picture of that sleeping baby! 

Esteemed Contributor

How old is it Kittymom? The one I got is brand new, I'ts about the size of a fairly large clock radio and it's very, very quiet.

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@betteb wrote:

LOL Feline, The only thing I'm hatin' tonight is how I've gotten my days and nights mixed up, only I don't really sleep during the day, just doze.

Did you check in on the new litter yet? Smiley Happy

Yep... lotsa of teeny squee-iness, plus lotsa luv.  8)

Yes and poor Sisko, still lots and lots of waiting (sigh)

Honored Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

Waving to feline groovy and nrm... more insomniacs! 

6165.gif~c200 (200×200)

Esteemed Contributor

Hi redhead87 - I'm so glad betteb started this thread too.  We're gathering quite a little group of "insomniacs"!

I have a friend who has fibromyalgia, so I know that alone could really get you down even without anything else.  I just posted the other day how fortunate I feel that I've reached the age I have without any major physical illness.  I have my problems, but nothing like some others have posted about.  I'm so lucky!