Esteemed Contributor

Anybody else up all crazy hours of the night? This is a landing place. You can talk about anything here, nothing is off topic. Kids, pets, cooking, current events, whatever. If Q will let it stand, it's ok.

For me, tonight, I'm sick of summer. It's too durn hot and my electric bill is too durn high.

I'll take any other season, even winter. When it's cold, I can always put on more clothes, but i can only take off so much. mini haha.gifOMG.jpg

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

Betteb, insomniac central! Took a nap earlier in the day so now I'm wide awake. It was 104 degrees here today! Thanks for the post. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi betteb!  I'm up! 

My son was here and stayed late...I got sleepy and then I got wide awake again, so decided to check out the boards.  And I SO agree with you... I'm sick of hot weather (actually I'm always sick of hot weather by the end of May!). 

I'd much rather have 6 inches of snow and 30 degrees!  

And I still haven't cut my grass, and it's gonna be 94 tomorrow and then up to 98 on Monday or Tuesday.  Ugh!!!  Maybe I'll just let it get high enough so people can't see my house and they'll think it's just an empty lot with really high grass!  

Esteemed Contributor

It wasn't quite that hot here today. We had 100's+ for almost a week straight, caught some rain and a break for a couple of days and now, back up to the high 90's to low 100's.

One nice thing tonight. I watched the birth of 4 adorable kittens on LivestreamHeart

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kittymomblow-a-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

LOL about the grass. I finally gave up and have it cut. A guy who lives near cuts it every two weeks or so. It's a small lot and he onlt charges me $20. 

Honored Contributor

Hey, beebeee & y'all...  is this you?  LOL

0738_a626_390.jpeg (390×306)

Esteemed Contributor

LOL Feline, The only thing I'm hatin' tonight is how I've gotten my days and nights mixed up, only I don't really sleep during the day, just doze.

Did you check in on the new litter yet? Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I used to be able to cut mine in about an hour and a half... but that's when I was a "little" younger!  Now I have to take too many breaks, especially in the heat.  My son offers to do it, but he knows I'll turn him down because it's really my only heavy exercise.

It must have been exciting watching the kittens being born.  Speaking of my DS, he found a stray dog (one of many) a number of years ago, and only after he'd had her for a few days and of course fallen in love with her, did he realize she was pregnant.  I got a phone call at 6:00 a.m. one morning begging for help - she was "birthing the babies" on his couch!  She had NINE puppies - she was a young dog and didn't really know what to do, so he was trying to help her.  It was so sad that eventually she lost 7 of them and he was left with two - they looked like little Beagles, but she was larger and almost white with some ginger shading... so at least he knew what kind of dog the father was!  Since she was the third large dog in his "family", he adopted those two out. 

BTW, didn't you get your CPAP, etc.?  I thought that was helping you to sleep...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Insomniacs Inc.

[ Edited ]

Waving to feline groovy and nrm... more insomniacs! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It is hot here too in California.  More like Florida the last few days, hot and steamy wet outside, yuck!  With the drought , it is hard!  The ocean beeze disappeared the last 2 nights, so warm at night.  Tonight it is cooler, hopefully it will help