Honored Contributor

Just heard it on Inside Edition....the kiss and the hug are dead when greeting business associates, according to their lifestyle expert.  A firm handshake is the appropriate greeting.  Get with the program QVC and quit the huggy/kissy with vendors!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Love all your posts.  Lived in the land of enchantment for many years, miss every moment there.  Now live in Arizona.

Keep up the good work.

Miss T.

Honored Contributor

Re: Inside Edition

[ Edited ]

Hand shakes are just as bad during the flu season. 

I say, let's just knock elbows, just to be safe.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Kiss and hug have NO place in a business environment

cant imagine why it was every allowed

I am not a k/h'er in most  encounters,   it's just not me 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebearwrote:

Kiss and hug have NO place in a business environment

cant imagine why it was every allowed

I am not a k/h'er in most  encounters,   it's just not me 

But QVC tries so hard to convince us that it’s NOT “just business associates” but BFFs Forever, Close Personal Friends, yadda yadda. They’re always on the push as far as making the presentations as NON business-like as possible. That being the case, QVC’s response would be that all their hosts have way more personal relationships than business, so that particular bit of etiquette wouldn’t even apply to them. QVC hosts hug and kiss the vendors because they’re all deeply personally involved in each others’ lives and can’t help but kiss and hug. Yeahhhhh...

It’s their fantasy world and they want it to be ours, no matter that most customers aren’t that stu...naive.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I agree; it should be stopped.  If vendors and hosts are truly good friends, they can greet each other off-screen however they want.  But when it's "show time", all I can think is no, no, no.  Especially in flu and cold season.  (Especially when hosts are doing multi-product shows, so are greeting one vendor after another.)

Just introduce the vendor and get on with the presentation.  No need even for a handshake!

Honored Contributor

Kissing is never appropriate from a male boss to a femaie worker.  Who started that???  Disgusting.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I prefer a fist-bump. That is as much "affection" as I want from a stranger.

That goes for church sign of peace, too.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Just heard it on Inside Edition....the kiss and the hug are dead when greeting business associates, according to their lifestyle expert.  A firm handshake is the appropriate greeting.  Get with the program QVC and quit the huggy/kissy with vendors!

No handshakes during the flu season, it's fist bump time , or that elbow tap some people do  Smiley Happy

Image result for fist bump

Honored Contributor

People in the Far East bow to one another as a sign of greeting...much cleaner that way.