Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Inland SoCal county - enforceable public order for faces covered

Riverside County CA has issued an order requiring covered faces in public, enforceable by authorities. Also no gatherings of any kind in public except as necessary for groceries, medical, gas or travel as an essential worker. All workers required to have masks. Unless infection rate is slowed, projections show 65,000 cases, 11,000 hospitalizations, and 1200 deaths in Riverside Co by May 1.

The order is enforceable “as deemed necessary by authorities.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Inland SoCal county - enforceable public order for faces covered

I think this is very presumptuous considering no one has proven that the wearing of a face covering, especially the home-made variety, is the least bit beneficial.  Even you-know-who has said he won't wear one.  The national infectious disease expert waffled on the subject.  I doubt such an ordinance is enforceable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am questioning,all these projections.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

LA is thought to be a potential hot spot.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Local police chief says they may issue citations, especially regarding no gathering. Many are still being stupid, especially in parks. Stores not giving workers masks and not enforcing 6 foot rule. People go to Lowe’s and bring the kids like it’s a family outing.

2 county sheriffs also died this week from COVID19. 

Honored Contributor

What has me pizzed off is that people were told no need for masks and gloves, they were all bought up or confiscated for health care (rightfully so) and now after lying to us for weeks about that, expect people to have them. 

We had a small supply of masks and gloves that we've had for years, but not nearly enough to get through this, now that they don't exist in the marketplace. 

Note for the future, buy up what you think you might need for any particular emergency when supplies are good and crisis is not in effect, and don't listen to the lies they tell just to keep people calm. Trust your own gut before their guidelines. 

Smart people were wearing masks weeks ago. 

Honored Contributor

I think the big problem is, how are people supposed to have masks? Employers aren't all giving them out. You can't just buy them. Not everyone has a sewing machine.

There's no general widespread message about how to actually do any of these dang mandates. And no, you can't just say people should just be smart and figure it out for themselves. This is new. Most people are not doomsday preppers. We are collectively the people who are too dim to not need warning labels on plastic bags! The experts are supposed to be the experts on disasters, not us.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even as a nurse, I have mixed feelings on the mask requirement. I think they are desperate to decrease the infection rate given the awful projections in this area. In my unprofessional opinion, based on gut, not science, it would not be necessary if people were doing what was asked of them weeks ago.

CA had the first statewide shelter-in-place order. It seems (seems!) to be helping, especially in Northern CA/San Francisco area. I think there has been less compliance around here.

Also a factor is this area is a MAJOR distribution hub for many huge companies, including Amazon, and a significant portion of the population is still working so lots of ongoing movement and interactions - which is going to increase spread.