Honored Contributor

Re: Indoors or Outdoors Person

Both depending on the time of year. I hibernate during summer.
Honored Contributor

Indoor.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Susan in California,

Yes, I will get a sunburn in a very short amount of time.   My sun exposure as a child has resulted in 18 biopsies, along with cryotherapy, and MOHS procedures for pre-cancerous skin growths in less than 5 years.   

I am also a walking buffet for any type of biting bug.   I can be outside with 10 other people and will be the only one with bug bites within minutes.   Outside is just not appealing to me.   

Respected Contributor

Indoors once outdoor temps go above 70°. Hate humidity & the hot sun. Would rather watch a snowfall & curl up in a blanket. Oh well, that just leaves a few days for me to be comfortable!
Esteemed Contributor

When I was younger, I was more of an outdoor person who loved being on the go and spending time at outdoor activities. Now, I'm perfectly fine to be inside in my humble home or spending some time on my patio. I detest the heat and humidity of summer!

Respected Contributor

Most definitely outdoors! If you want to make me crazy, make me stay inside. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I'm an outdoor person when the temp is 75-80 with about 20% humidity, sun shining, birds singing, flowers blooming........I'm not asking too much, am I??

Esteemed Contributor

Indoor...I don't like the heat & humidity nor being cold.  The bugs don't particularly bother me but it's all the other slimey creepy crawly things.  I'm not a flower/garden person either and would much rather spend time cleaning inside than working on a flower bed, etc.

The exception to this is when I'm at the beach.  I'm hardly a morning person but I'm up early (a lot of times before or right at sunrise) grab a shower and out for my first walk of the day.  I normally go to the beach in the late fall....not as hot and not real cold.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am both! I like Summer when it isn't too hot and humid, and I love Fall. Winter is fine too if we don't get too much snow and/or ice. Spring is pretty non existent where I live, and it rains a lot during that time as well. We tend to spend a lot of times outdoors in the Summre, because our season isn't that long and our Winters are very long......

I am also perfectly happy indoors and can find plenty to keep me busy as well.....When it is too buggy and humid out, I prefer indoors with the air conditioning..  Edited to say when grandkids are over, its outside time for sure-no matter the season, they love being outdoors!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I am basically an indoor person as I've gotten older. When I was a teen and also in my 20's, 30's and 40's, I liked being outside a lot. I have never been what you call a sporty or athletic person though.  All my life I have loved walking.  I would always walk for hours and hours.  It was my thing and really helped me to have a clear head and was almost like a spiritual thing for me!  I tried my hand at tennis and was never any good at it.  I'm not a competitive person at all.  I've always been envious of people who bike all over, hike a lot, ski, swim, etc., and are just very athletic and sporty.

I like to be able to sit outside and see the sky and feel the elements!  I can't stand being cooped up totally when the weather is adverse -- it drives me nutty.  Since I now have health conditions though, I do have to watch regarding allergies, asthma, lung irritations, skin issues, etc.   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin