Honored Contributor

Indiana woman claims video captured FedEx worker stealing daughter’s kitten..

[ Edited ]

An Indiana woman says a female FedEx worker swiped her daughter’s kitten.

Edit:

The kitten has been returned, reported by the owner on Twitter.  

Katie Hardy
@KatieHardy2

Update…WOW - the power of social media. June, the now famous kitten has been returned, and I have one happy little girl! ❤️Thank you to all!

An Indiana woman says a female FedEx worker was captured on doorbell video swiping her daughter’s kitten and then zooming off with the pet in her delivery truck.

“FedEx drivers caught stealing my daughter’s kitten. Hoping that this will go viral and at least force the company to respond. Your packages maybe safe, BUT YOUR PETS AREN’T!!!”

Well, I feel pretty sure Fedex drivers stole two of my packages.  All evidence points to that.  Why would drivers take photos of empty steps of houses that aren't mine with no packages, then say they were delivered?  Photos were required by Walmart at the time.  

The Nest footage from her home shows what appears to be a female FedEx worker jumping out of her work truck, picking up the kitten and running back to the vehicle, which is then driven off by another person, leaving a larger pet (dog) behind.

Hardy, who described herself as a fifth-grade teacher outside Covington, said that she has reached out to FedEx “more than once” about the disturbing incident.

In response to her tweet, a company rep posted a request for the woman to send a DM for additional information.

“This is extremely concerning and I am very sorry that this happened,” the FedEx Help rep wrote.

See video here.

Edit:

Of course owners shouldn't let their pets outside unsupervised or when they are not home...but....

If the Fedex driver's intention was to rescue the kitten from roaming too close to the street, why didn't she ring the doorbell to see if the owner was home...or take it to a neighbor for safekeeping rather than take it?  Many times I have no idea UPS or Fedex is outside delivering a package.  They don't ring my doorbell or knock.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Indiana woman claims video captured FedEx worker stealing daughter’s kitten..

[ Edited ]

Okay, I'm gonna play devil's advocate here, it looks TO ME like the worker picked up the kitten from a road in front of the driveway to the home.

Maybe she thought she was rescuing it from being hit by a car, why was a kitten allowed to roam so close to a road with vehicles?

She didn't take the 'dog' because it may have been old enough to know to stay out of the road or was unfriendly.

From her post, she was obviously not home, she relied on doorbell camera footage, what was the worker supposed to do with the kitten?

I think this very well could be just someone wanting to sue somebody and have their video go viral, that happens so much these days.

I'll wait for more facts to come in on this one, personally.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Indiana woman claims video captured FedEx worker stealing daughter’s kitten..

I wonder if the woman filled a police report?  I would have even if the kitten had no monetary value.  FedEx ought to put the pressure on the employee.  She's garnered a ton a bad publicity for the company. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If the driver almost ran over the kitten I can understand why she would have assumed it was a stray needing help and picked it up. A vulnerable baby animal wandering in harms way, unsupervised and without identification can't really be 'stolen.' The Indiana woman should be grateful that anyone was looking out for the little baybee.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

It's being investigated, so the true facts will come out then.

All we know now is the IN woman's story......maybe the worker did ring the doorbell and no neighbors were home, who knows, but the doorbell camera will show that, that's why I'm reserving judgement at this point.

Besides, do you have any idea how many shelters, rescues and individuals are trying to find homes for kittens for free?

Why risk your job or a criminal theft change for something you can easily get for free?

That just doesn't make sense and if it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true, from my experience.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Isn't the FedEx truck in driveway?  That doesn't look like a road to me.

If the FedEx driver took the kitten because she thought it was a stray, needed to be rescued, etc., you don't take it home.  That is called stealing.  She didn't find the kitten abandoned on a road.  It was with the dog which would lead me to believe they belonged together.  Why wouldn't the driver have put up posters trying to find the kitten's home?  Why wouldn't she contact a shelter?

But let me say, this woman doesn't deserve to have that kitten or the dog if both of them are out there and no one is even home.  Does this woman not know what is out there that can come by and grab a little kitten?  Or the kitten could wander away and something bad could happen.  Something could also happen to the dog.  

That owner needs to take better care of her pets.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know where that little kitten is right now?  

Honored Contributor

As a lifelong cat lover and owner I am appalled that someone allowed a little kitten to roam outside like that.

Honored Contributor

It's such a news worthy event about stray animals now, I'd bet the girl thought she was a hero rescuing a stray animal.  

I do think a UPS connected theft happened to me.  We have lived in this general neighborhood for almost 30 years and had only one porch theft.

The ONE stolen package was small, and was jewelry to me for my birthday--a $500 piece.  I was home within 20 minutes of when it was "left" because I got the notice, but got home and no package.  I feel sure the driver or someone with UPS knew the value and pocketed it.  It was before they took pictures. 

It is suspicious to me because it was a small package and was the only one ever missing.  AmEx paid my insurance claim but I will always wonder what happened. 

Respected Contributor

Just wondering why a woman who obviously wasn't at home,  just lets a kitten and dog alone outside with no fenced yard to protect them from harm?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~