Honored Contributor

Re: Indiana woman claims video captured FedEx worker stealing daughter’s kitten..

@qbetzforreal wrote:

In reviewing the video on the twitter account, the kitten was very close to the road.

As previously stated, the kitten was returned to the irresponsible owner.  Fortunately, June (the kitten) wasn't killed by being left outside.

@qbetzforreal 

Not this time.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Indiana woman claims video captured FedEx worker stealing daughter’s kitten..

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Isn't the FedEx truck in driveway?  That doesn't look like a road to me.

If the FedEx driver took the kitten because she thought it was a stray, needed to be rescued, etc., you don't take it home.  That is called stealing.  She didn't find the kitten abandoned on a road.  It was with the dog which would lead me to believe they belonged together.  Why wouldn't the driver have put up posters trying to find the kitten's home?  Why wouldn't she contact a shelter?

But let me say, this woman doesn't deserve to have that kitten or the dog if both of them are out there and no one is even home.  Does this woman not know what is out there that can come by and grab a little kitten?  Or the kitten could wander away and something bad could happen.  Something could also happen to the dog.  

That owner needs to take better care of her pets.

@Lipstickdiva 

Look at the video/pics, the FedEx truck had just barely pulled into the driveway and you can see a road behind their truck, leading to the right (probably the neighbor's house), you can't tell if it extends to the left as well, because of the view of the camera.

The truth will come out eventually, I'm waiting for that.

@KingstonsMom that looks like it could be a very long driveway to me.  I don't know.

Regardless, I would have to think that the woman is taking a beating over the fact that this kitten was left outside.  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Foxxee 

It's being investigated, so the true facts will come out then.

All we know now is the IN woman's story......maybe the worker did ring the doorbell and no neighbors were home, who knows, but the doorbell camera will show that, that's why I'm reserving judgement at this point.

Besides, do you have any idea how many shelters, rescues and individuals are trying to find homes for kittens for free?

Why risk your job or a criminal theft change for something you can easily get for free?

That just doesn't make sense and if it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true, from my experience.

I agree the story makes no sense...one can easily get a kitten from a shelter.  Besides who leaves a small kitten unattended outdoors to roam?

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva    Well said!  Pets should not be wandering outside like that.  

Occasional Contributor

Sorry but a kitten should not be outside alone in the street.  I can't see the video but from the comments it sounds like she was trying to protect the kitten.