Honored Contributor

Re: Increases in Medicare for 2022

Oh @Carmie , you're a patient soul!

Esteemed Contributor

@Silverfox1 wrote:

@Kachina624  you are very fortunate.  We are on Social Security.  I can assure you our yearly income is not that big. Because of health problems my DH and I have our monthly healthcare costs are very high and we have to pay for what Medicare and our Private Insurance doesn't pay. Our prescription medications are very high every month and keep going up. As I said you are very lucky...please take care of youself!

I recommend u speak to an insurance agent who specializes in companies handling Medicare. I had SCAN, which I thought was an insurance company, but turned out to be administrators for Medicare - total rip-off. My doctor recommended a female who came to my house and when she knew what type of coverage I needed, she recommended a "real" insurance co. I've already saved lots of money on co-pays (FREE) and prescription medication (so far, FREE.) When I had SCAN, I spent 5 nights in the hospital - and was charged $2,000. Another SCAM. With my new insurance company, I'm sure it will be a lot less.

Honored Contributor

All states have a program called SHIP that can help people through Medicare insurance for no cost.

You can Google SHIP for your state.  They can help you find an insurance policy you can afford that has the benefits that you need the most.

They are not insurance agents and do not make a commission so they will not steer you to a program where they get paid well. They are all trained volunteers.

You won't be able to view or change insurance policies unti October, but if you will be 65 before then..give them a call.