Esteemed Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate neighbors, do you have one?

No target practice here but some inconsiderate neighbors.

The new family next door must have never had a nice yard. I have a wooded acre and his is about 3/4. He loves campfires! 

There is a fire pit where he smolders debris a grill area and Halloween had one in the front yard.

He built a RED tree house between two trees then sets a fire under it.  Last week he left one unattended and I complained to the Grandmother that I was afraid of fire. She put it out.

They recently put fire hydrants on our street but they couldn’t put one on my yard because the water pipe was too small. A pumper would have to come.   

Neighbor on other side who was a friend put up a split rail fence then terrible jagged wire on my side. It’s near my driveway.

I asked why the wire and she said to keep my leaves out of her yard. I have no trees there and told her I can build a privacy fence, and she said I could. I got county permission for a 6 foot tall 200 foot cedar fence with the bad side facing her. 

She WAS a good friend for over 40 Years and I watched and fed the dogs and cats for years, got mail in tended her when she was sick or in the hospital.  Now we seldom speak. 

A neighbor several doors down had problems with his French doors leaking so covered them with plastic. Then he covered them with plywood and painted it red. I mentioned that I was afraid he couldn’t get out if there was a fire and he said with medical bills he can’t afford new doors. It’s not up to code but people don’t complain.

A dog pooped every morning in the grass by my back door. I would chase him off. After weeks of this I returned a bag of poop to his owner telling he’s been leaving me gifts.

That afternoon she came to my house apologizing and had a plate of brownies. My husband said he wouldn’t eat them!

Sometimes you have to laugh or you will cry!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 like you, I have some very good ones on my street. Unfortunately, the two on either side of me aren’t so good.  No target practice, but they and their dogs are noisy.  

I’m trying to remain patient, since I won’t be living here much longer.  I am choosing to move to a community where there is a homeowners association.  Lived in a similar place in the past, and loved it.  HOA’s are good for those of us who follow the rules.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Currently, no.  But, in the past, yes.  The next door neighbor couldn't keep a job and I even caught him one evening in the shrub bed beneath our dining room windows.  That was actually the last time I saw him as he was found dead the following week.  Then, his deadbeat sister and her boyfriend moved in.  They totally ruined the property before another neighbor contacted her father who actually owned the property and lived across the country.  He kicked them out and then had a flipper come in to fix the property up.  The current homeowners are paying the price.  They even had to have insulation put in since it seems the flipper didn't bother with that step.  They said they're fixing things as they can afford to.  

And then there's my neighbors that keep disappearing for months on end.  I hope he found someone to mow the grass since winter is now gone and it's gonna need it weekly.  But, as long as they keep the grass mowed, I'd have to say they're not being inconsiderate.

Since I live in the city there are noise ordinances and no shooting.  We have ranges for that.  And I will never live in an HOA.  That's a total deal breaker for me.  Would desperately love my own wooded acreage, but hubby has no interest in that whatsoever, so that'll never happen.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!! I have two. The rest of us in the neighborhood refer to them as the “neighbors from h*ll”. I’ll leave it at that.

Honored Contributor

No but sometimes some new ones that I've never met have children that I hear screaming at very odd times for long periods of times.  The last round almost had me calling the police.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

We have no neighbors,  Thankfully!

Unless you can afford to buy up all the vacant land around you . You will have neighbors somewhere down the line.

We got 2 1/2 acres and had our house built right in middle of the acreage.

Vacant field on one side and a cop on the other. I don't ask him for no favors called the police anyway. LOL when I had the trouble I was referring to.

@SharkE 

We'll be fine.

Thanks for your concern.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Sorry you are dealing with neighbors like that.

Wow do you live in the country?

We have a noise ordinance inside city limits it's 9 or 10 pm.

You can't say anything to people like that because it will only make it worse.

We are up until midnight but after that I would not want to listen to it. I like the peace & quiet so I would never want to listen to it.

I have never heard a real gunshot in my life.

We do have neighbors like that but they do different stuff like use their backyards as a trashcan, spray their backyards with something to kill everything on the ground so they don't have to mow. Have sucker branches growing on their trees from the ground up? One neighbor does not take care of his 3 dogs but nobody will do anything about it. His backyard has dog poo all over which the dogs cannot get away from. He does not scoop it up. In the summer when it gets hot it stinks like poo. As soon as it quits raining & warms up so the code person can smell what I'm talking about I will be calling animal control out here.

Neighbor on our other side does the same plus has guns & posts a sign on the front of his house nothing around is worth your life stay off my property or some krap. He's really paranoid & acts like someone is out to get him. The other neighbor has a hoarding & ocd problem.

It appears you are surrounded by jerks.  Isn't there anyone you can file a complaint with to get these rude people to stop?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I don't have trouble with kids running up and down the cul de sac on their pricey golf carts, 4 wheelers, etc. Kids will be kids they stay on the public areas and turn around and go back up the street.

Neighbor has chickens, no rooster praise all that's holy. Why she needs chickens when theres a Walmart 10 min away is anybody's guess. That doesn't bother me can't hear the chickens in the house and I got 2 by 6 insulation instead of the standard 2X4. She has dogs of course everybody has to have a dog(s) they will bark at you if you go out in the yard and they see you. I go out quietly, so, as not to stir them up. That doesn't bother me either, but, a back firing sportscar over and over sounding like the seige of Atlanta was the last straw for this ol' gal. Cannon fire sounded like.

I know what you mean.  We have two neighbors who own motorcycles and when they rev those up I swear the walls are vibrating.  One has a habit of revving his bike every night around 9:00 P.M., over and over until I'm ready to scream.  Some people are just plain ignorant, with no sense of decency in their bones.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

i have a neighbor that tore down his fence so that he could park two cars on my property behind my garage.  this was so they could not  be seen from the street.  when i discovered them, i called the police and they told me that the cars belong to my neighbor.  i called him and he said that he would move them.  well, two days went by and they were  not moved.  so  i called him again and and asked him why they were not moved,  he told me he put them there to keep his brother happy.  i told him him he needed to keep me happy and move them.  th3en i called a tow trick and had them towed.  he was reallymad but who cares.

this same neighbordame over to my home and wanted to talk about something.i invited him in and he sat on the couch and  while we were talking, he exposed himslef.  itold him to get the heck out and not to come.

then his sister bought the houjse on the other side of me.  i was in my yard and he came over and told me that since i had no one to leave my home to when i die, why didn't i sell it to him now and get it over with.  i told him to go to heck.

this guy is a jerk from hadesand i watch every move with him.  i am keepi ng a log as to what he does and when so i can nail him if i have to do so

Sounds to me like you need cameras inside and outside of your house.  He can deny what you write in your log but he can't deny what is seen from a camera.  He exposed himself to you in your house?  You would have a great case against him if you had it on video.  I would be extremely careful around that family, they sound dangerous. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I live on county acreage zoned for agriculture. The neighbor adjacent to me has been illegally running a business with very large, smelly, noisy earth mover equipment, for years. YEARS !

I tried to get the county to do something for many years but they turned a blind eye and Never did anything.

Well, recently detectives showed up at my door and said they had been gathering evidence and going after his guy with criminal charges . Hallelujah ! Finally!

well, it’s been months, and the guy is still there, in operation. Last I heard, they were still gathering evidence to prosecute. We shall see.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, slow and steady wins the race.  Sure hope they nail the guy.