Honored Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate neighbors, do you have one?

It's a shame that you have to get tough with people.

People nowdays were raised in a barn don't know any better.

Even when we were up in Ind across the hwy from us on my mother in laws land she had a neighbor who had to many horses for her one measly acre and she just turned them loose on hers and let them graze free on MIL's 10 acres.

I called the law on her for the mothr in law who was afraid to f*rt without somebody giving her permission, so, here comes the cop and told her she couldn't just let her horses feed on somebody else's land for FREE.

He said you have to have it posted "Personal Property'. She knocked it off felt bad for the poor horses. This chick had one tiny acre and couple of horses with a house and metal shed all on it.

No sense at all.  Problem with me is I expect people to treat others the way they would treat themselves. It's a "all about me " world now, kids.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am fortunate I guess.  At this time all my neighbors are mostly retired... quiet... and very nice. Of course with any sale of a home that peace can change... but for now, it is a great street and neighborhood to live on and in.

I am so thankful for my wonderful neighbors. Most are retired in my neighborhood.    They are helpful if needed, yet respect privacy.  I could not be happier.  I moved here 2 years ago.  My previous neighbors were a nightmare.  It was a townhouse situation, so our homes were attached.  They had 4 dogs who barked constantly.  The people let them out to do their business a few times a day in the enclosed backyard.  The odor was unbearable because they only cleaned up the yard once a week.  I couldn’t even open a window in the summer.....Fortunately, I was able to sell my home and move on...The women who bought my house has a couple dogs, so she probably won’t be bothered.  

I am just beyond happy living in peace.  I don’t foresee my new neighbors moving anytime soon...

We are all here for the long haul....

Honored Contributor

The house next to me is a rental.

$1100 per month

you would think that would attract a nicer resident

Nope!

It's one disaster after another.   They stay a year, then it's a new renter.

Over & over.

The last one met a man online for s e x, when the guy got to the house, her boyfriend robbed him of everything, including his clothing.    That night was fun.    Police everywhere, but she's gone now.    Got some new ones.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

The house next to me is a rental.

$1100 per month

you would think that would attract a nicer resident

Nope!

It's one disaster after another.   They stay a year, then it's a new renter.

Over & over.

The last one met a man online for s e x, when the guy got to the house, her boyfriend robbed him of everything, including his clothing.    That night was fun.    Police everywhere, but she's gone now.    Got some new ones.

I don't think rental prices govern what kind of people live in the houses around here. I've seen inconsiderate people everywhere, no matter where they rent or buy a house and for how much they pay for their dwellings. Rent price has nothing to do with being inconsiderate or not. Some people are just that way.

Super Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

People just hate HOA's but this is when having one is a good thing.

Totally agree....I'd pay $1K a month to not have to deal with ****** like this and people making the neighborhood looking like a junk yard, etc....definitely exagerating about the $1K HOA fee, but you know what I mean.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes we do. We have neighbors who burn trash that drive me nuts, they also fight like rabid wolves and several of us have called the police multiple times. Thank God we have several acres and the house sits off the road quite a ways. If someone had told me when we bought this property and built the house of what would eventually come, I wouldn't have believed it.

About the shooting, I had a neighbor behind me shooting with an ar-15, we had just got home and I swear, the bullets where hitting the trees by where we park. Dh told me to come in, he called 911, they came up here and he went with them to the genius who was shooting. When DH and the cop told little genius about the bullets coming so close to OUR  HOUSE, he asked them "just where he was suppose to shoot that gun then?" Its a wonder dh wasn't arrested on the spot.

Honored Contributor

A man down the street from me had a dog that he would just let out his front door in the early morning, before the sun would come up, so the dog would do its business in other people's yards in the darkness. I heard people complaining about that on several occasions when I went took my dog for walks down that street.

Then one day I heard on the news that a dog was shot and killed while being walked by a man in my neighborhood in broad daylight. I thought to myself "Could it have been that guy who let his dog out free to poop in other people's yards?" Turned out it was! Someone got so fed up that they got rid of the 'problematic' dog. I was so mad!Smiley Mad I wanted to scream. That poor dog!Smiley Sad  

Valued Contributor

I hope mine has moved out!  The only people there for the last 2 days is a white truck with working men looking like they are cleaning the place out!  Wish me luck!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 aroc34 from DC here.  Within the last few months wasn't there a story on  tv News4 Washington about a man shooting targets in Northern Virginia in an area that is much more developed and the police had to tell him that the laws had changed because of the increased density of the neighborhood.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I would check what the local laws are for shooting targets and for any applicable noise ordinance.  Maybe your local elected represntative or his or her staff member could look it up for you.  Having secured that information I would ask the local law enforcement agency to make a "courtesy" visit to the offending folks to inform them they are out of bounds.

I would not approach them myself, especially the "target practice" guy.  You just don't know what his reaction might be.  I definitely would do something, though.  You don't need to put up with such inconsiderate shenanigans from neighbors even if you are in a rural area and not an alley's width from the next dwelling as you would be in an urban setting.

I'd be curious to learn what the laws are in your area for the problems you described so well.

Good luck for a speedy, peaceful resolution so you can enjoy your home and grounds.

Respected Contributor

We’re fortunate as we’ve been blessed with great neighbors. We live on 10 acres but have housing developments all around us and therefore, no discharging of guns allowed. The downside to that is there’s no one able to hunt deer and the local herd just keeps getting larger.  

In rural areas not far from me shooting guns and loading round bales is normally done during the day. But if someone wanted to, they could do that after dark. Police could be called about the gunfire but they probably wouldn’t take complaints about doing farm work after dark.