Respected Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate neighbors, do you have one?

I live on county acreage zoned for agriculture. The neighbor adjacent to me has been illegally running a business with very large, smelly, noisy earth mover equipment, for years. YEARS !

I tried to get the county to do something for many years but they turned a blind eye and Never did anything.

Well, recently detectives showed up at my door and said they had been gathering evidence and going after his guy with criminal charges . Hallelujah ! Finally!

well, it’s been months, and the guy is still there, in operation. Last I heard, they were still gathering evidence to prosecute. We shall see.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50  I lived in a city for 18 yrs. before I moved here. I never knew of anyone that was a victim of a violent crime. Been here 50 yrs. and you would be shocked at how many people I know that were shot/killed. Two people from this tiny town commited suicide and another killed his young child then himself. There have been 4 murder trials where I knew either the victim or a family member. I find that just scary.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did they show credentials ? You can't trust people to say who they really are.

I don't trust anybody for as far as I can throw them.

Your best friends are

ear plugs

loud fans

good locks

you would think in the better neighborhoods people would have more decency , I"m astounded that even folks with resources act like animals.

@Azcowgirl 

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

We have no neighbors,  Thankfully!

Unless you can afford to buy up all the vacant land around you . You will have neighbors somewhere down the line.

We got 2 1/2 acres and had our house built right in middle of the acreage.

Vacant field on one side and a cop on the other. I don't ask him for no favors called the police anyway. LOL when I had the trouble I was referring to.

Contributor

In reply to Legal Secretary, Have you tried the local county game warden?  There is a law against shooting a gun near a neighbors house.  You did not say which state you live in, but the local game warden is a good start to stop this behavior.  I live in Texas and on property we own, but do not live on, we have had a problem with poachers on our property.  I bet this late night shooter is doing more than target practice.  A few citations by the local game warden will curtail your neighbor.  Good luck and give them a call.  

Esteemed Contributor

We had the WORST neighbors...... the police were always called to their house because their children got arrested for assault and fighting. They were noisy, rude and inconsiderate.  My husband said to wait them out, and eventually they would move. After two years of this, the stress level was too high, so we move to another city 20 miles away. We drove by the old neighborhood, and 15 years later they are still living there. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, but it's more passive/aggressive behavior. You eventually learn how to deal with them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reva wrote:

Yes, we have some very inconsiderate neighbors also.  One young guy a few houses down begins each day at 6:00 by driving by with a very loud muffler and returning 5 minutes later.  I'm pretty sure he goes to Tim Hortons at the end of our street.  This goes on all day long every single hour until about 10:00 p.m.  Apparently he has no job.  How do people get by with no job??  He's young and very irresponsible with a nasty temper and mouth.

Another neighbor puts her 2 dogs out first thing in the morning and they bark continually until she brings them in around midnight.  I told her last year, very nicely, that the dogs scare our handicapped son when he is trying to fall asleep at night.  Didn't help and she seems to have an attitude now.  You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.  I would move in a heartbeat to an area that would provide more privacy but DH will not even consider it.  Reva

Move and tell your husband that you’ll miss him.

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah  He is not getting assistance nor is he on welfare.  He owns another property well over 100 acres and we are in the middle of the marcellus shale terrority.  He has a gas lease on the 100+ acres. I was told by his relative he got over a million dollars from the lease. Several people in the county have become millionaires. One guy was getting $200,000.00 every couple of months for years. 

I would have been on an island somewhere but that's me.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Proof once again that having money can't buy manners. I feel for ya.