Honored Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate neighbors, do you have one?

Your city should have some code regarding dogs barking constantly....also are they tied up or running loose in the yard? Here animals can’t be tethered if they are alone outside since a dog was attacked last year by a stray and couldn’t get away from the attacker. You might check with Animal Control.
Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

i have a neighbor that tore down his fence so that he could park two cars on my property behind my garage.  this was so they could not  be seen from the street.  when i discovered them, i called the police and they told me that the cars belong to my neighbor.  i called him and he said that he would move them.  well, two days went by and they were  not moved.  so  i called him again and and asked him why they were not moved,  he told me he put them there to keep his brother happy.  i told him him he needed to keep me happy and move them.  th3en i called a tow trick and had them towed.  he was reallymad but who cares.

this same neighbordame over to my home and wanted to talk about something.i invited him in and he sat on the couch and  while we were talking, he exposed himslef.  itold him to get the heck out and not to come.

then his sister bought the houjse on the other side of me.  i was in my yard and he came over and told me that since i had no one to leave my home to when i die, why didn't i sell it to him now and get it over with.  i told him to go to heck.

this guy is a jerk from hadesand i watch every move with him.  i am keepi ng a log as to what he does and when so i can nail him if i have to do so

He was trying to intimidate you with that move. I would had turned him in for sure and he would be jailed.

NEVER invite a man into your house, sit out on the porch. I would never invite a man in that I was having trouble with. He wanted to scare the **** out of you and run you off.

I'd also put in security cameras 

Honored Contributor

I agree...but we have a house at the end of our street that has been for sale for a long time and now the owners are going to rent it out...am holding my breath to see who moves in there....so many renters don’t care how they treat the place where they are living.
Esteemed Contributor

Believe me, I appreciate my other neighbors, they are the nicest people.  If Rambo would move it would be great, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Honored Contributor

We're lucky, but my friend down the road has a neighbor who lights bonfires with diesel fuel, shoots guns and fireworks after midnight, and then fights with his wife when she comes out telling him to knock it off.

Honored Contributor

The OP story makes me happy I live in the center of a major city!!!!  Target practice??

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

No law that I am aware of for target practice.  We are in a rural area. He stands on his back deck and must have targets set up near the tree line behind his house. DH said he must use night goggles when he does it late at night. No law enforcement right in town so we would have to call State Police miles away. Unless they catch him doing it he will just deny it. Truthfully, the township people are afraid of him. There is a junk ordinance but they don't say boo to him.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Do you not have a Sheriff?  He/She has jurisdiction of county ordinances.

I would certainly request an office visit with him to discuss your options

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I have no shortage of inconsiderate neighbors. Stuff like:

...loud music in cars driving by during all hours of the day and night

...gun shots 

...uncontrolled barking dogs

...unsupervised very young children doing bad things

...loose pets pooping in places and no clean-up by the owners (cats, too)

...people running powered lawn equipment early morning and late-night hours.

Sounds like I am just a cranky old ladyWoman Tongue who needs to move away from all of this inconsiderate behavior...but I just can't afford to do that.

Honored Contributor

We have no neighbors,  Thankfully!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Just call the COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I watch LivePD - and am shocked seeing all those weird, impaired, sickos - and they mostly come out at night. They're probably on government assistance - even though they're fit to work. Work is NOT in their vocabulary. I'm very fortunate -- all GREAT neighbors.