Honored Contributor

We have to fax more info to the tax deptbecause they have a problem with our taxes.Who would you trust to fax all of that type of personal info...social security number etc.

Honored Contributor

Your accountant's office.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: Income tax woes

[ Edited ]

I don't know. I would call your Bank & ask if they do this even if you have to pay. Your information is safer with them.

Maybe overnight what they need?

Only place I know around here that faxes is Staples. I would not do it there.

We don't use an accountant. I do our taxes.

Super Contributor

I think Office Depot or some place like that. You can also invest in a fax if you are uncomfortable with that. I suggest to some of my clients to fine the nearest IRS office. Some offices may need you to have an appointment to do that. I offer that to my cleints as a service. I can understand how you feel because of all the things going on with idenity theif. I hope this help you but that is the only way besides mailing it over night to that office who is doing the audit.

Respected Contributor

I would talk to my accountant.  If you don’t have an accountant maybe call your tax department (i assume state) and see if you could mail it in?

Honored Contributor

UPS does it too I believe

Respected Contributor

Who prepared your taxes?  If it was someone other than you, that person or company should be responsible for faxing the information.  More important than that, if someone other than you prepared the taxes, that person or company should be aware of what's going on and should help you through the maze.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple@We do our own taxes and the problem is that we pay in two countries.we have been doing this for 18 years and this time is the first time there is a mixup at the tax dept.They have two separate dept working on our type of payment and one somehow got ahead of the other is the best I can explain it.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000we do our own but as I explained to another poster it is different than normal.

Esteemed Contributor

Just a thought, but how about blacking out the more (or less) secure info, as they would already have that, before faxing?

Cogito ergo sum