Respected Contributor

Re: Incident at Frys Food Store

@tansy 

I think so too. They don't seem to restock their shelves as often as other stores. They never have enough help. I feel sorry for the customers waiting and waiting at the service desk. 

The Bashas closest to my house looks like it hasn't been remodeled in decades.  They seem to focus on AJ's Finer Foods. 

Respected Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

Masks are something I haven't used yet. I go to the store every other week so in essence, I give myself the two week quarantine time between trips. I stay away from people and don't browse like normal. I get what I need and go. The store provides disinfectant spray to use on carts. I made a home made mask after another mask I had didn't fit well. The homemade one slid every time I moved a inch. I was constantly messing with it, touching my face. I saw a reporter on TV with the same issue. As she spoke, her mask would slide, exposing her nose. I am sure to wipe down the inside of my car, and once home, wash my hands and face with warm water and lots of soap. I ordered a reusable mask the state is giving away for free, but I guess so many asked for them, I STILL haven't gotten it.

@LisaMofSLC Non medical grade masks with the ear loops are now readily available on Amazon and even here on QVC.  They look just like surgical masks, but have ear loops and not the ties.  Just in case that information might be useful to you or anyone reading that might be interested.

QVC's masks are back in stock, along with reviews. On Amazon, the Modenna blue masks are in stock. They have better reviews than most of the masks on Amazon. They're about $40 for 50, free Prime shipping, delivery by May 17th if ordered today (but they don't ship to CA). Both the Modenna and QVC masks are made in China.

Respected Contributor

@pitdakota  . Thank you pitdakota and Marietherese for both of your posts. Just think what a difference this would have made if we were all wearing masks and had been since March. It amazes me that people read and hear from medical professionals and scientists and disregard their advice but follow random Internet posts. And like other posters have written, these masks are available everywhere. I have ordered the washable cotton masks from Etsy and paper disposal ones from QVC and BOXED. I would not wait for someone to send me a free mask. I haven't had my hair colored in over 2 months however the salon where I usually go has a strict policy of no mask no service. When I read what posters are saying about people not taking this virus seriously, refusing to wear masks and congregating in large groups I have to wonder where this is. I live in the Atlanta area and people here are taking it seriously and following the rules. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Calcgirl wrote:

I am diligent in only going to the grocery store when I have to. I have tried numerous stores, etc for delivery but you have to wait about 5 days and then may not get everything you ordered. My milk was delivered very warm, to the point I was afraid to use it, not so much the delivery guys fault since I live in Az where it has been over 100 degrees.

So, I ventured out to Frys Food Store. I was shocked to see employees stocking the shelves unmasked. When I very politely mentioned to them for their safety they should wear a mask they giggled and said it was voluntary and the manager himself did not wear one.  Then I went to the Starbucks on the way out to get a iced tea and a young female employee came up behind me ignoring the tape so I politely asked her to step back for social distancing.  SHe gave me attitude, rolling her eyes and said I should just lock myself up at home.  As I turned around to leave she started laughing with the employee at Starbucks.    I did call Frys the next day and I told them about both incidences, unfortunately I did not have their names.  

Went to another Frys yesterday, and again many of the employees were without masks. We have not reached our peak yet and I do not understand why small businesses have stringent rules about face masks, etc yet large corporate businesses such as Walmart and frys, etc do not.

I won't ever shop at Frys anymore, if they care so little about our safety, I dont care if they go under!

By the way I am 71 and healthy, but my partner has bad asthma and had cancer so he is high risk. 

@Calcgirl 

Most stores, especially grocery stores have a website, and look for the bottom of the main page where it says CONTACT US and shoot corporate a message about your experience to both places.....I found this is far more effective than making a call which they ignore....Someone at corporate keeps track of complaints from their website and takes them seriously, they will contact the store managers....I had a couple issues and got a quick email response both times I used this method....

That young employee was downright rude!!!! 

So tired of rude, entitled millenials....(I know all of them arent like that, but tired of those with an attitude! And I bet those stockers were young too...)  Id scare the heck out of them, and would've told them I heard a about a city where most of the virus cases were young people so they better watch out....Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

When all this started yes the time to get groceries delivered was many days so I chose another store with a shorter time. Now I can get things delivered same day since people seem to be going out to shop now. Check and see if you can find a company called Shipt they will deliver from many places. I haven't had anything delivered that was a cold or frozen item that wasn't at the right temp and I'm in Texas. 

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Our county mandates the wearing of masks in stores. I'm glad, even though I admit not loving them. We are not obligated to wear them outside, so I exercise walk with a naked face. always with distancing in mind.

I'm in VA and they don't mandate it here but it doesn't matter bc where I live we have that bunch around that don't listen anyway.  All these ppl protesting saying they have rights too and you can't force someone to wear masks - well to that I say - almost every store you enter has the sign "No shoes, no shirt, no entry".   So if they can keep you out bc of that don't understand the difference.  

Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Our county mandates the wearing of masks in stores. I'm glad, even though I admit not loving them. We are not obligated to wear them outside, so I exercise walk with a naked face. always with distancing in mind.

I'm in VA and they don't mandate it here but it doesn't matter bc where I live we have that bunch around that don't listen anyway.  All these ppl protesting saying they have rights too and you can't force someone to wear masks - well to that I say - almost every store you enter has the sign "No shoes, no shirt, no entry".   So if they can keep you out bc of that don't understand the difference.  

in virginia, if they dont want to wear masks and if the stores care, they can post a sign that says "masks required." if they dont, then people themselves will have to decide whether or not to patronize the store/shop.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@suzyQ3  ..... Nope. Our restaurants are opening up on May 15 for sit down dine in eating. 

@Sheila P-Burg, thanks, but I was actually referring to your wondering how that would work wearing a mask. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

In the case of the grocery store clerks, if there's no mandate in your state I wouldn't say anything to them at all. If you want to take it up with the store and tell them your preference and encourage the store to do it that's fine. The people stocking shelves are just doing their jobs and lets face it, if you decided to tell them what they should do for their health you probably weren't alone.