Honored Contributor

Re: In what decade were you the most happy and content?

I'd have to mention two decades...from the mid 80's-2005 or so.   This was when I was raising my children, and that was the best experience of my life.  

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@NAES1  - Thank you for ypur delightful post.

I have been criticized on this board for "bragging" about my childhood and my family. Geez - it's the only childhood I had - I can't address a different kind of childhood - I write about my experiences & my family. 

You get criticized because many other posters did not have that good childhood and you forget.......

"Geez - it's the only childhood I had - I can't address a different kind of childhood - I write about my experiences & my family." 

Consider yourself blessed and try being more grateful and understanding toward those who did not live your happy childhood!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I have been criticized on this board for "bragging" about my childhood and my family. Geez - it's the only childhood I had - I can't address a different kind of childhood - I write about my experiences & my family. 

You get criticized because many other posters did not have that good childhood and you forget.......

"Geez - it's the only childhood I had - I can't address a different kind of childhood - I write about my experiences & my family." 

Consider yourself blessed and try being more grateful and understanding toward those who did not live your happy childhood!

And for some reason that is my fault?  I can ONLY write about my own experiences. I have no knowledge about other people's childhood experiences.

Contributor

I am an 80s girl forever!

Respected Contributor

Each decade was different. I cannot think of a really happy one.  I guess if I had to say it would be the 70s because everything was so new....children, husband, job.  The excitement of new experiences. 

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

@151949 wrote:

And for some reason that is my fault?  I can ONLY write about my own experiences. I have no knowledge about other people's childhood experiences.

FAULT?  Why would you think that way?  I said "BLESSED."  

Honored Contributor

I'd have to say the 1990's for so many reasons. 

I was younger.

My kids were young.

My parents were younger.

All my grandparents and great aunts were still alive.  That's the biggie for me.

Respected Contributor

late 60's

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I am right now more happy and content than I have ever been in my life.  I attribute most  of it to being post menopausal for several years. I'm 58 

No more raging hormones. I have thyroid disease and my thyroid hormones are finally pretty well balanced.  My daughter is happily married with two beautiful children. And they are moving into a wonderful new home this weekend.  

Our home is paid off and we're comfortable with where we will be when my husband retires in a few years.  And I've been married to the most caring man for over 38 years.  I'm thankful also that he has stuck by my side through all of my ups and downs over the years.  

My life is far from perfect. I have some regrets. And some dreams that may never happen.  And I'll be having surgery in a few weeks for a low grade thyroid cancer....my doctor assures me it is nothing to worry about. But during this process, I found a surgeon who was willing to really listen to some concerns that other doctors were blowing off. And in the process, we've discovered that I have a benign parathyroid tumor that could really wreak havoc on my health in a few years...so I feel blessed about this also.  

I have learned a lot in my 58 years on this earth. But I honestly do think my "good place" right now is due to hormonal changes. 😉

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @Zhills,  

I thought the question was quite simply put:

`as

'In what decade were 'you' the most happy and content`?

I, also, have stated that-  I had a wonderful childhood.    "Meaning I was not abused, or not wanted. Those types of horrific things.

The OP had asked that question, and @151949 had responded with what I should come to believe, happiness that she alone can remember, with kindness.

"I did not analyze her as been bragging, nor myself, in any way. That answer was what we 'both' thought were fun years".

Heart~Heart~

A simple question- A simple answer. 

I am though, interested, why you would want anyone to be *more grateful* towards (as stated from you) those who did not live _her_ happy time.

Very confused, ` why that answer, of yours, though`?

``That was the one time that she remembered being that happy``. 

I am saddened for anyone to have grown up in a dysfunctional home life being sad, parents dying ( my dearest beloved mother died very young, was very ill for many year, previous to her death), or being abused, and you know quite well what I am saying, here.

Of course I hope to know that you may ~ be~ one of the sweetest woman or man that may have contributed back, and built on being a mentor to those that you, alone, are able to help, from yours, or anyone else's childhood experience(s).

I do not view anyone, here as bragging, just gleefully happy and have very fond memories that will never be as once before. 

Sad, would be the the more powerful of any one description- to anyone, as a condolences in losing that childhood: what should be plain and innocent ....growing up.

I, too have been told I had been blessed and thought, no not me, what did I do to deserve this, and found from a fine christian lady...absolutely nothing... just a set of blessing of circumstances. 

We each can and hopefully should remember the meaning in a new fresh beginning: that is what I know that is what Easter means to me, a new fresh start, not to be attacking, never jealously , never looking away, not helping to support each other. 

You sound so hurt at one time but that is all over, now, hopefully if I read you as I do. 

At this Easter time for me, I ask that I can take my daily life, my work, my whole being into some one who is more powerful than me, into His hands.

Living in sick and dangerous world, as we do, we have the a responsibility. kindness. 

"I look forward to the stories that our poster friend always brings us back from her church sermons of positive, I really enjoy another's view from across the miles".

I love to share in goodness and hope -as I am sure you do, also. 

I have thought that (maybe) after the death of 151949's husband being taken away so suddenly, so young, she had been loss and gained a greater faith in restoring that hope, again. 

Going back to our childhood is just that- going back- and remembering.

AND! That was hers...maybe, __ no other moment in time, more of great moment(s) in the sun, to speak of, but just then. I do believe we each have that one time in our lives that surpasses any others.

We are here to support each other, and I do believe you can be a leader with much goodness for positive happenings in your life to share.  

Isn't friendship much better than anything else; liking each other?

If not, I am willing to listen and share some of my unhappy events. There is no perfect life, nor childhood all through our rearing; disappointments come when least expected.

Have a wonderful new day and many promises that can and often comes our way, with shared closeness. 

NAES

4-15-2017

Heart  @151949