Honored Contributor

In the realm of you just can't make it up anymore...

Our local school buses are running their respective routes morning and afternoon complete with stopping for children who are not there.  The schools are closed due to the pandemic and everything is online learning right now.  

Yes, we who are driving on the road with the buses that have no one on them are stopped at each house or sidewalk waiting for children to board or disembark that are not there.  

Do you love it?  Smiley Very Happy  Gas money out the window as well as our time in trying to get to work.  And if you are a greenhouse/climate change person, my apologies for your seizure.

There is a somewhat good reason for it.  The bus drivers apparently have to do it to get paid which I am totally fine with but doing the stops complete with blinking lights and sitting for ten seconds is a bit ridiculous.  We know no one's there.  Just drive the route straight through and forget about inconveniencing yourself and the rest of us.

There is your laugh for the weekend and your tax dollars at work.  You're welcome!  Smiley LOL  

Honored Contributor

Re: In the realm of you just can't make it up anymore...

@Laura14

@Laura14  What state?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Practice Makes Perfect! 😆 

Honored Contributor

Sometimes things happen that defy description.  This is one of them.  Sounds like they're fulfilling the requirements of a union contract.

Citizens rise up and protest!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

One morning, a mom who's had enough is going to put her child on that bus. Hey, they stopped and opened the door...

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Love you @Laura14 but they probably are testing the timing of the stops and pickup for the route to see if they can get the children to school on time.

It is also a reminder to commuters that--hey--school is resuming so leave a little earlier so you are't tempted to pass the school bus despite the flashers and extended "stop" arms extending from the bus.

Before I retired I saw more than a few close calls in the early morning while I was waiting for, or riding on, the city bus to get to my office.

Happy weekend,  hopefully far away from your crazy employers  potentially exposing folks to Covid-19 as you related in another thread.  Can't imagine what they were and are thinking.

aroc3435

Respected Contributor

@Laura14  As a former school district administrator, most states require s full run of bus routes with stops and blinking lights. This is done for many safety reasons. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind and argumentative

Honored Contributor

In Maryland some county school buses are continuing on their routes handing out lunches to those students who need it.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

In Maryland some county school buses are continuing on their routes handing out lunches to those students who need it.

@Mj12  They were doing that here too all summer.