Honored Contributor

Re: In the realm of you just can't make it up anymore...

I know in some areas, the buses were running during the spring months to deliver the free breakfast and lunches. 

Some districts had parents pick up and others took the buses out into the district to deliver. 

What a waste of resources though, to run the buses empty and with no end game, just because a contract says it has to be so to pay the drivers/get future funding or whatever load of cr@p some government and some union said had to happen. 

We have bypassed and overridden so many regulations to more effectively deal with this crisis, I think we could save the fuel and wear and tear on the buses and just pay the drivers, but that would be using common sense and being smart. Not something you will find much out there when it comes to tax payer funded spending.

Trusted Contributor

You learn something new, everyday! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

At least the bus drivers are keeping up with their bus driving skills this way, too. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The good news is that the bus in my neighborhood this afternoon didn't do the stops.  He just cruised on through the route and got themselves home.  Smart man or woman!  😂