Respected Contributor

Re: In the realm of you just can't make it up anymore...

I would suggest leaving for work earlier.

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1 wrote:

@Laura14  As a former school district administrator, most states require s full run of bus routes with stops and blinking lights. This is done for many safety reasons. 

@sydsgma1   Just how many trips does this take?  @Laura14  makes it sound like it's being done on a regular basis.  Why must they use the blinking light and impede traffic?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@riley1  I'm not frustrated about it at all.  I know why they normally do it. 

I just thought it was funny to see it going on when there is no set date to return to school and that they were going all the way with it.  I could walk to my work and have at times.  No issue for me here at all. 

Most parents drive their kids to school anyway because they are scared of the buses.  I've been enjoying the traffic break since Spring.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sydsgma1 wrote:

@Laura14  As a former school district administrator, most states require s full run of bus routes with stops and blinking lights. This is done for many safety reasons. 

@sydsgma1   Just how many trips does this take?  @Laura14  makes it sound like it's being done on a regular basis.  Why must they use the blinking light and impede traffic?

The blinking lights are state laws having to do with school bus protocols and safety.

Honored Contributor

Our schools were supposed to start next week but our district has decided that for now, it will be virtual learning.  It will be interesting to see if there are buses out and about.  There have been no busses in my area since March when schools were closed.

Also in my district, money by way of vouchers wa given to homes with children to make up for the fact that they were missing out on the food they would normally be provided at school.  Initially they were still being provided with the food and then they began with the vouchers. 

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14   The stopping is to time the route as close as possible. To see if more buses might be needed or routes need changes.  Better now than have kids wait in the rain or cold for a bus that may never come. Also it might be all for naught if schools don't completely open.

Respected Contributor

have to admit its been nice not having to deal with school busses the last few months.

here they have Bus Monitors. after each child is safely off the bus and met by parent/guardian,  the Monitor steps out of the bus, looks under the bus, run to the back, looks under the back of bus, runs to the  front, looks under the bus again. And then looks under before they step back in the bus!

imagine this exercise at EVERY SINGLE BUS STOP a distance of every 5 or 6 telephone poles.

Honored Contributor

Ours too @Lipstickdiva  which is why I was so surprised to be behind one this week.  Maybe they have a new opening date.  I don't have kids so I don't keep up.

I'll see if an actual kid stands outside to hitch a ride in a couple weeks or so.

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh   I know that's normal procedure for right before school starts.  Maybe they have a new opening date and I just don't know. 

I was just having a good time laughing my head off while I was driving to work this morning.  No school opening date in sight as far as I know and we're picking up ghost children.  Where's M Night Shamalyn when you need him?  Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

Seems we've just recently "met" before @Laura14, I'm just taking notice of your avatar and recognized it from the other day.- what a surprise.

Confused??