Esteemed Contributor

In Your Cart - Out of Your Cart

Recently there appears to be a big push about QVC's cart and checking your purchase out quickly - or somebody will take it from you.

Should that happen it, seems to me, Q made a sale regardless.  You, the customer, is the one who lost out.

Purpose for the push - nobody else wanted your item - and you forgot about it -  changed your mind................so Q didn't get that sale nailed down.

Between Q Card and this Cart thing.........enough to drive a body to just change the channel.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: In Your Cart - Out of Your Cart

[ Edited ]

Sales pitch , to get you to complete the sale . There are times, I look around for customer reviews or price comparison at other companies before buying . Was burned when they started that  " In Process " makig it impossible to cancel order.

Also, maybe people putting it in their baskets skews their :number of items available ".

Honored Contributor

@fthunt 

I "lost" something from my cart a couple of weeks ago.  BUT - I checked back later in the day and it was available again.

I bought the pants!

Dennis Basso Printed Luxe Crepe Wide-Leg Pull-On Pants - A349312

So - you win some, you lose some!

Honored Contributor

Items often reappear after the fact because people change their minds or credit cards are denied. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I don't put any item in my cart unless I'm ready to complete the purchase. I don't keep shopping or look for a better price which should be done first. There have been several times I tried to purchase a clothing item, only to find a color or size not available. I'd hate to think that was because someone put it in their cart to mull it over, while I was ready to complete the purchase.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now this is just a little joke but it is what I thought to myself. A bit ago David said something like, "If you have the Traeger in your cart, I want you to go there right now and check out." He said it kinda forcefully. All I could think of was, "David, you don't tell me what to do!" Woman LOL HA!!!

Honored Contributor

I just read a book that mentioned this. People often use their online store cart as a wishlist/save it for later list.

The book said that the reason for it is because the 'add to cart' button is always the most prominent and easy to find. Because online stores want people to buy. They make that button the easiest to find.

So when people want to save something for later and possibly buy it, they just click on the add to cart button so they can come back to it. The cart button is always easier to find than a wishlist button because they want you to buy items as opposed to just saving them.

Also people envision a shopping cart as being the same as one you use at the grocery store. You can put things in and take them out up until the point you check out at the register. As long as you don't check out your items, they are not completely committed to yet. And having Kroger take your box of cereal away because you didn't buy it quickly enough would be pretty surprising.

I find this topic so interesting.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

There are times when items in your cart, for only a few minutes while looking at coordinating items or reading reviews will not be available when going to check out. And don't come back in stock.

Some things sell out and stay sold out. Occasionally items may come back later. But not always at the same price, the "this time only" price, "this show only" price, or a next day TSV price.

Honored Contributor

I can't tell you how many times my "gotta have it impulse in a b&m store has hit -- the item tours the store with me but never makes it to checkout...by then I've circled back to the area & put back!"

Drives my one friend crazy I do this but in my brain says if I'm not in the checkout lane I still have time to say "No".

I use the same when contemplating my purchases on Q (or online) too easy to hit "submit" order -- I place things in my "wish list" some are still there 6 months later -- guess I really didn't want it 🙂😉

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped Your reference to David is the reason I posted this topic.  I heard that...and thought...hey, fellow,   we're talking about a $500 +  product here.  

I didn't take the 'push' well.